ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement scheme needs

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Englishguy35
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Settlement scheme needs

Post by Englishguy35 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:27 pm

My partner and her two children are moving to England on the 6th of July.they are European citizens with national identity cards.we are going to apply for the settlement scheme to get pre settled status.we have a joint bank account and her name is on the council tax bill and the water bill already.she is also down as a permitted occupier for our rented house and the kids have schools already.i wondered if this would get us pre settled status already.we are getting married in August and she will have a job after that.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Settlement scheme needs

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:12 am

Hello

For EU citizens, it's business as usual at least until end-2020.

Even if you seem to have some paperwork in hand, I don't recommend to go and apply while she is not the country yet.

I would wait for them to come to the UK. Then the partner gets a national insurance number, start working, collect some payslips before applying. For any immigration applications related to EU nationals, payslips and national insurance numbers are stronger proof of residence then bills.