ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My account frozen

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sanaullah710
Pakistan

My account frozen

Post by sanaullah710 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:59 am

Hi i am going to apply for ILR soon on 10 years basis. A few months ago,i opened a second account in Barclays (my 1st one was in TSB ban) but i was a victim of fraud and someone took the money from my account, i did not know how to operate the card reader and they guy send me a few numbers and by putting it into the card reader, all the money went out, (£150). I informed the bank and told them that someone took the money from my account and they said that they will investigate, after 10 days they told me that they will close my account under section 11, page 30. They closed my account and told me that they will not let me open a new account there. Then i went to LLoyds bank to open a new account, initially they approved my account but after 2 days they told me that due to some internal checks they cannot open my account.
I already checked CIFAS and equifax and its not showing any alerts on my account, i still have TSB bank account, i am just wondering if i apply for ILR, will it effect my application as i am not sure what to do with it as will effect the whole process? PLease help

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: My account frozen

Post by bizman » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:44 am

It has nothing to do with your application. Your bank dealings etc is your business not HOs
Bizman

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Post by sanaullah710 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:38 am

Thank you very much for your reply Bizman, i saw few topics on this issue in the internet, thats why i posted it.

crazy_ram
United Kingdom

Post by crazy_ram » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:39 pm

If you have to submit a bank statement (Ex: for co-habitation) avoid using the statements of frozen accounts. Bank may not confirm the details of frozen account incase of verification checks. That could cause unwanted mess.

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Post by sanaullah710 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:46 pm

Thank you very much Crazy_ram, i will try to use only my current bank account details