ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non Eu national applying Settle status (Not Pre settled)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hevenly12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Non Eu national applying Settle status (Not Pre settled)

Post by hevenly12 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:44 pm

Hello, I am applying Settled Status online 5years after living in UK under the right as a family of EU Citizen(my EU national Husband applied Settled Status Last week in advance).
I just found out bit confusing part to fill yes or no from some questions.

The first one is :
If you already have a valid UK permanent residence card choose Yes.

I was given EEA 2 Family permit which written Residence card of a family memeber of an EEA on the
visa sticker on my passport. There was no word 'permenent'.
is my EEA 2 called Residence card of a family memeber of an EEA considered a UK permanent residence card ? Could I choose Yes then?

And the second questions is :
In 2014, there was no Biometric resident card at the time as I could not see biometric mark on my paper-made permanent card which is sticked on my passport now. Could I use my passport to in my application for identity? Because the first question of settled status application you will be asked to choose which identity is going to be used. I thought surely just a passport but I found some people wrote that 'If you are an eligible EU national choose passport''If you are an eligible family member choose Biometric Residence Card' .

Please anyone who has experienced this, help me! I feel I am the first person who applies settled status as a non eu family member now.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Non Eu national applying Settle status (Not Pre settled)

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:43 pm

Please do not spam other topics with the same question.

You do NOT have a PR card if you have a 5 year validity Residence Card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.