ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ahern and Hypocrisy

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MAKUSA
BANNED

Ahern and Hypocrisy

Post by MAKUSA » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:08 am

The Justice Minister seems to be persecuting Non EU spouses who have every legitimate right to be here while at the same time lobbying for the release of hardened criminals, the so called high and mighty. A number of serving cabinet ministers reportedly made representations to the Department of Justice on behalf of convicted criminals in 2006 and 2007.

Reports this morning say documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act show that TDs and Senators sought special treatment for dozens of prisoners during the period.

Those making representatives ministers Brian Lenihan, Dermot Ahern, Willie O'Dea and Eamon O Cuiv, as well as former Taoiseach Bertie Ahern and Ceann Comhairle John O'Donoghue.

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news ... 28887.html[/i]

walrusgumble
BANNED

Re: Ahern and Hypocrisy

Post by walrusgumble » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:02 pm

First-Class Moron wrote:The Justice Minister seems to be persecuting Non EU spouses who have every legitimate right to be here while at the same time lobbying for the release of hardened criminals, the so called high and mighty. A number of serving cabinet ministers reportedly made representations to the Department of Justice on behalf of convicted criminals in 2006 and 2007.

Reports this morning say documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act show that TDs and Senators sought special treatment for dozens of prisoners during the period.

Those making representatives ministers Brian Lenihan, Dermot Ahern, Willie O'Dea and Eamon O Cuiv, as well as former Taoiseach Bertie Ahern and Ceann Comhairle John O'Donoghue.

did you actually read / watch the news in full? hardened criminals? hypocracy? maybe you want to check what parliament ministers in teh UK, Germany & France do in relation to representations from families of prisoners. did you not note that the is also a high proportion of refusals as well. as irish citizens they have the right under the constitution to still be treated with the same human rights and integrity.

no non eu citizen has an automatic and or legitimate right to be in europe provided they go through the correct procedures. sure an spouse of an irish citizen has no authomatic right to be in ireland despite the constituion.

Fair enough one has sympathy for those spouses who have at all times legally resided in ireland / europe at time of marriage to eu national. they should be treated better but as for those who were illegall then there is no automatic right as their permission to be in eu expired a long time ago

see what french president's no 1 key goal whilst president of Europe

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:19 pm

walrusgumble wrote:no non eu citizen has an automatic and or legitimate right to be in europe provided they go through the correct procedures..
I'm surprised to read this from you, walrusgumble.

MAKUSA
BANNED

Post by MAKUSA » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:34 pm

walrusgumble wrote:
First-Class Moron wrote:The Justice Minister seems to be persecuting Non EU spouses who have every legitimate right to be here while at the same time lobbying for the release of hardened criminals, the so called high and mighty. A number of serving cabinet ministers reportedly made representations to the Department of Justice on behalf of convicted criminals in 2006 and 2007.

Those making representatives ministers Brian Lenihan, Dermot Ahern, Willie O'Dea and Eamon O Cuiv, as well as former Taoiseach Bertie Ahern and Ceann Comhairle John O'Donoghue

did you actually read / watch the news in full? hardened criminals? hypocracy? maybe you want to check what parliament ministers in teh UK, Germany & France do in relation to representations from families of prisoners. did you not note that the is also a high proportion of refusals as well. as irish citizens they have the right under the constitution to still be treated with the same human rights and integrity.

no non eu citizen has an automatic and or legitimate right to be in europe provided they go through the correct procedures. sure an spouse of an irish citizen has no authomatic right to be in ireland despite the constituion.

Fair enough one has sympathy for those spouses who have at all times legally resided in ireland / europe at time of marriage to eu national. they should be treated better but as for those who were illegall then there is no automatic right as their permission to be in eu expired a long time ago

Mr walrusgumble

Maybe you dont understand my point but i would take my time and explain in detail.
Basically Mr Ahern is refusing non EU spouses who have not lived in another member state the right of residency, now this is against the spirit of the directive which Ireland signed up to, most of these non EU spouses are not illegal. The only so called crime is that they never lived in another EU country (another cooked EU directive application) which is a law that Ahern and the DOJ fraudlently decided to apply in order to deprive people of their (EU citizen) rights. But he then lobbies on behalf of criminals who have been found guilty by the law. I dont know what you call that but in English it is refered to as Hypocrisy. Period

MAKUSA
BANNED

Post by MAKUSA » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:35 pm

First-Class Moron wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:

Those making representatives ministers Brian Lenihan, Dermot Ahern, Willie O'Dea and Eamon O Cuiv, as well as former Taoiseach Bertie Ahern and Ceann Comhairle John O'Donoghue

Mr walrusgumble

Maybe you dont understand my point but i would take my time and explain in detail.
Basically Mr Ahern is refusing non EU spouses who have not lived in another member state the right of residency, now this is against the spirit of the directive which Ireland signed up to, most of these non EU spouses are not illegal. The only so called crime is that they never lived in another EU country (another cooked EU directive application) which is a law that Ahern and the DOJ fraudlently decided to apply in order to deprive people of their (EU citizen) rights. But he then lobbies on behalf of criminals who have been found guilty by the law. I dont know what you call that but in English it is refered to as Hypocrisy. Period
AND SARKOZY IS A BIG JOKE

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:10 pm

First-Class Moron wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:

Mr walrusgumble

in light of immigration matters, lobbying on behalf of parents whose children have committed criminal offences in this state is not hypocrisy. If politians were lobbying on behalf of criminals and at the same time criticisng judges giving lieniant sentencing is hypocrisy.

politicans who refuse non eu citizens, particularly those who have legally resided in the state at time of marriage to eu citizen on basis of no prove of residence in another eu state, yet go to america lobbying for illegal irish there - is hypocrisy.

a prisoner no matter how henious his or her crime is still in this country entitled to fair human rights. prison is for rehabiliation and not completely for revenge and punishment. all the same it is pretty inapporpiate for politicans to lobby for people like this particularly when one looks at the vicitms of crime. However, one could reasonably look at when politicans who lobby for people who no legal status in this state when the person makes an application for leave to remain. (many politicans do make these representations)

you and the whole world know that if a person is not legally residing in a country is a serious crime which merits deportation.

this issue is at this time in the european courts! until then the question of the spirit of directive 2004/38 ec is not clear. there is no provision in directive 2004/38 ec that specifically deals with the situation where an eu citizen exercises their rights to freemovement and whilst there marry. this is the big problem and europe must be faulted for this as it has reasonably allowed the domestic courts to interpret this legislation as dealing with families who have already being established in another eu state and then move to another eu state.

with regard to my comment on no automatic right for non eu, i should have said its qualified ie the nature of the marriage shall be considered check echr and english case law for this. there rights are given when they make an application to the domestic governments. if this directive 2004/38 ec is interpreted by the european court as dealing completely with families who have already established before movign to the host state, then depending on the circumstances of the eu citizen, there is no automatic rights to reside in the union.

as for the french president. .. fair enough., but it he and his like who create the laws of europe so..

MAKUSA
BANNED

Post by MAKUSA » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:30 pm

walrusgumble wrote:
First-Class Moron wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:

Mr walrusgumble

in light of immigration matters, lobbying on behalf of parents whose children have committed criminal offences in this state is not hypocrisy. If politians were lobbying on behalf of criminals and at the same time criticisng judges giving lieniant sentencing is hypocrisy.

politicans who refuse non eu citizens, particularly those who have legally resided in the state at time of marriage to eu citizen on basis of no prove of residence in another eu state, yet go to america lobbying for illegal irish there - is hypocrisy.

a prisoner no matter how henious his or her crime is still in this country entitled to fair human rights. prison is for rehabiliation and not completely for revenge and punishment. all the same it is pretty inapporpiate for politicans to lobby for people like this particularly when one looks at the vicitms of crime. However, one could reasonably look at when politicans who lobby for people who no legal status in this state when the person makes an application for leave to remain. (many politicans do make these representations)

you and the whole world know that if a person is not legally residing in a country is a serious crime which merits deportation.

this issue is at this time in the european courts! until then the question of the spirit of directive 2004/38 ec is not clear. there is no provision in directive 2004/38 ec that specifically deals with the situation where an eu citizen exercises their rights to freemovement and whilst there marry. this is the big problem and europe must be faulted for this as it has reasonably allowed the domestic courts to interpret this legislation as dealing with families who have already being established in another eu state and then move to another eu state.

with regard to my comment on no automatic right for non eu, i should have said its qualified ie the nature of the marriage shall be considered check echr and english case law for this. there rights are given when they make an application to the domestic governments. if this directive 2004/38 ec is interpreted by the european court as dealing completely with families who have already established before movign to the host state, then depending on the circumstances of the eu citizen, there is no automatic rights to reside in the union.

as for the french president. .. fair enough., but it he and his like who create the laws of europe so..
No not all, i am not trying to demean criminals or families, everybody including Josef Fritz deserves to be treated in a fair and just way, but my main point with hypocrisy is that everybody deserves a fair hearing including illegal immigrants. the USA is in Iraq, as far as i am concerned they are illegal entrants and occupiers but even they deserve a fair go because even though they were illegal entrants and an occupying force as far as they are trying to do good, then one might say, the means were wrong but the end justifies that, basically all i am saying is that everybody deserves a fair hearing not just criminals and their family but also legal, illegal immigrants and their EU spouses.

astartes

Post by astartes » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:25 pm

walrusgumble wrote: no non eu citizen has an automatic and or legitimate right to be in europe provided they go through the correct procedures.
What nonsense. The chauvinistic and discriminatory procedures created by Ireland are in clear violation of EU law.

So Ireland thinks that the EU is there just to give them unearned money ?

Where do you think that money comes from ?

Hint: from the taxes paid by other EU citizens, whose families and spouses are abused by the Irish state. Those people have better things to do in life than to be reduced to the status of slaves for some incompetent Irish chauvinist, whose undeserved prosperity they have been and are funding through taxes on their work.

4 million Irish people keep imagining that they can insult and exploit 500 million Europeans -- for the most part much better educated and competent than them --- while stealing their money. The Irish government and population need an urgent attitude adjustment. Many in the EU will be quite happy to remind Ireland where that easy money comes from, and how little economic, technological and scientific achievement that country actually has. The collapse of the Irish stock market and housing bubbles is only the beginning of that much needed attitude adjustment.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:12 am

astartes wrote:
walrusgumble wrote: no non eu citizen has an automatic and or legitimate right to be in europe provided they go through the correct procedures.
What nonsense. The chauvinistic and discriminatory procedures created by Ireland are in clear violation of EU law.

Hint: from the taxes paid by other EU citizens, whose families and spouses are abused by the Irish state. Those people have better things to do in life than to be reduced to the status of slaves for some incompetent Irish chauvinist, whose undeserved prosperity they have been and are funding through taxes on their work.

4 million Irish people keep imagining that they can insult and exploit 500 million Europeans -- for the most part much better educated and competent than them --- while stealing their money. The Irish government and population need an urgent attitude adjustment. Many in the EU will be quite happy to remind Ireland where that easy money comes from, and how little economic, technological and scientific achievement that country actually has. The collapse of the Irish stock market and housing bubbles is only the beginning of that much needed attitude adjustment.

next time you rant that, stop and think. The European Union was created for European citizens. european law priorities with EU citizens first. The rights of non EU citizens are completely seperate and different to those of a European citizen. ie they have no automatic 100% right or entitlement to be in a European State, provided they comply wit host state's immigration rules. Any NGO immigration advice board will tell you this. If you feel so strong about it ring up the british, german and frrench departments and see how easy it is for non european citizens to reside their. check out http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 55436.html and see how the italians are doing things

Of course Ireland is going to act in the way it does when previous European Court case law has given them the green light. It would be worth remembering that countries such as Italy, Britian and Germany are backing Ireland with regard to the Regulation 3.2

as for the european thing, what's your point. you a citizen of Europe? you pay taxes? you seem to neglect the fact that the european monies going to states such as lativa, poland, czech rep etc will also come from tax payers from Ireland. Irish Taxes payers have and continue to contribute.
The self righteous nonsense you going on about, it might be worth your while to note that many in Ireland resent the fact that Brussels tells it where and how much it can fish despite beign in Irish waters. see how much fish the spanish collect in irish waters?

you would also do well to consider how many American Industries set up European HQ here in Ireland in the 1990's, as oppose to European companies.

If you feel that its undeserved prosperity, then why the hell did you come to this country? i understand your frustrated, but it would be advisable for your own sake to keep those dearly beloved self righteous nonsense firmly within this site.(no its not a threat etc just simple advice)

kevo

Post by kevo » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:30 pm

well said sir
walrusgumble wrote:
astartes wrote:

next time you rant that, stop and think. The European Union was created for European citizens. european law priorities with EU citizens first. The rights of non EU citizens are completely seperate and different to those of a European citizen. ie they have no automatic 100% right or entitlement to be in a European State, provided they comply wit host state's immigration rules. Any NGO immigration advice board will tell you this. If you feel so strong about it ring up the british, german and frrench departments and see how easy it is for non european citizens to reside their. check out http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 55436.html and see how the italians are doing things

Of course Ireland is going to act in the way it does when previous European Court case law has given them the green light. It would be worth remembering that countries such as Italy, Britian and Germany are backing Ireland with regard to the Regulation 3.2

as for the european thing, what's your point. you a citizen of Europe? you pay taxes? you seem to neglect the fact that the european monies going to states such as lativa, poland, czech rep etc will also come from tax payers from Ireland. Irish Taxes payers have and continue to contribute.
The self righteous nonsense you going on about, it might be worth your while to note that many in Ireland resent the fact that Brussels tells it where and how much it can fish despite beign in Irish waters. see how much fish the spanish collect in irish waters?

you would also do well to consider how many American Industries set up European HQ here in Ireland in the 1990's, as oppose to European companies.

If you feel that its undeserved prosperity, then why the hell did you come to this country? i understand your frustrated, but it would be advisable for your own sake to keep those dearly beloved self righteous nonsense firmly within this site.(no its not a threat etc just simple advice)

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:49 pm

walrusgumble wrote:The rights of non EU citizens are completely seperate and different to those of a European citizen. ie they have no automatic 100% right or entitlement to be in a European State, provided they comply wit host state's immigration rules.
Again, walrusgumble, you make this kind of totally inaccurate, nonsensical statement. Please familiarise yourself with European Directive 2004/38/EC.

MAKUSA
BANNED

Post by MAKUSA » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:56 pm

walrusgumble wrote:
astartes wrote:

LOOK IF YOU SIGN UP TO A DIRECTIVE, THEN YOU MUST ADHERE TO IT PERIOD, YOU CAN PICK AND CHOOSE WHAT PARTS OF THE DIRECTIVE YOU WANT STICK TO, IRELAND IS NOT A BANANA REPUBLIC AND LIKES TO PRIDE ITSELF AS A CIVILISED COUNTRY. FAIR IS FAIR AND PEOPLE MUST ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT NO CONDITION IS PERMANENT, WALRUSGUMBLE YOUR FUTURE GRANKIDS OR GREAT GRAND KIDS (NOT BEING OFFENSIVE, JUST TRYING TO MAKE A POINT) MIGHT END UP BEING ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS AND HOW WOULD YOU LIKE THEM TO BE TREATED? NO NEED FOR UNDUE CONFRONTATION, I JUST THINK ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, LEGAL IMMIGRANTS, EU CITIZENS ARE HUMAN AND MUST BE TREATED IN A HUMANE MANNER

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:35 pm

First-Class Moron wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:
astartes wrote:

LOOK IF YOU SIGN UP TO A DIRECTIVE, THEN YOU MUST ADHERE TO IT PERIOD, YOU CAN PICK AND CHOOSE WHAT PARTS OF THE DIRECTIVE YOU WANT STICK TO, IRELAND IS NOT A BANANA REPUBLIC AND LIKES TO PRIDE ITSELF AS A CIVILISED COUNTRY. FAIR IS FAIR AND PEOPLE MUST ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT NO CONDITION IS PERMANENT, WALRUSGUMBLE YOUR FUTURE GRANKIDS OR GREAT GRAND KIDS (NOT BEING OFFENSIVE, JUST TRYING TO MAKE A POINT) MIGHT END UP BEING ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS AND HOW WOULD YOU LIKE THEM TO BE TREATED? NO NEED FOR UNDUE CONFRONTATION, I JUST THINK ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, LEGAL IMMIGRANTS, EU CITIZENS ARE HUMAN AND MUST BE TREATED IN A HUMANE MANNER

i understand and respect what you are saying, sure i know a couple of my uncles 's status years ago in australia was a bit dodgy. one of them married a women we without any doubt in our minds believed it to be a sham. i aint trying to be confrontational, but i would tolerate someoen who is quiete clearlyy making dearly beloved, unfounded, inaccurate and generalised remarks about a country with if they were any other site, the moderator would have deleted or banned the poster.

i am sorry for being blunt but i am simply explaining the huge holes and difficulties in what many are saying, alas based on errors and unfounded assertions. rules and laws are there to ensure human rights and access to proper facilitites for eu citizens. as for this illegal immigration to be treat as human beoings, yes they should and rightly so, be entitled to fair procedures etc but that is where it ends. the laws of europe are there for europeans and their family members to enjoy.

can i ask one question?

For the eu spouse that is married to an non eu national, and they are having problems with residency in this state, what is the stroy and how are you treated by your countries if the couple return to the state where the eu spouse is from? would non eu spouse be allowed to legally reside there?
(note of course eu spouse is entitled to travel whereever they like in eu)

ireland are not the only country in the eu trying to deal (miserably) with illegal immigrants, but the eu is not an open door to the world (something even eu people think it is i.e. one needs to ensure they are working if they wish to say in eu for more than 3 months)

Read directive 2004/38 EC again, and if need be again and if the english language is not your thing check it out in german and french. the language in the provisions can be interpreted to deal with family who have being established BEFORE the eu citizen has moved to the host state. the non eu citizen is to "accompany" them and or "join" them in the hsot state - an issue raised by Hanna J in Kumar 2007.

http://ec.europa.eu/justice_home/doc_ce ... nce_en.pdf

MAKUSA
BANNED

Post by MAKUSA » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:20 pm

walrusgumble wrote:
First-Class Moron wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:
astartes wrote:

i understand and respect what you are saying, sure i know a couple of my uncles 's status years ago in australia was a bit dodgy. one of them married a women we without any doubt in our minds believed it to be a sham. i aint trying to be confrontational, but i would tolerate someoen who is quiete clearlyy making dearly beloved, unfounded, inaccurate and generalised remarks about a country with if they were any other site, the moderator would have deleted or banned the poster.

i am sorry for being blunt but i am simply explaining the huge holes and difficulties in what many are saying, alas based on errors and unfounded assertions. rules and laws are there to ensure human rights and access to proper facilitites for eu citizens. as for this illegal immigration to be treat as human beoings, yes they should and rightly so, be entitled to fair procedures etc but that is where it ends. the laws of europe are there for europeans and their family members to enjoy.

can i ask one question?

For the eu spouse that is married to an non eu national, and they are having problems with residency in this state, what is the stroy and how are you treated by your countries if the couple return to the state where the eu spouse is from? would non eu spouse be allowed to legally reside there?
(note of course eu spouse is entitled to travel whereever they like in eu)

ireland are not the only country in the eu trying to deal (miserably) with illegal immigrants, but the eu is not an open door to the world (something even eu people think it is i.e. one needs to ensure they are working if they wish to say in eu for more than 3 months)

Read directive 2004/38 EC again, and if need be again and if the english language is not your thing check it out in german and french. the language in the provisions can be interpreted to deal with family who have being established BEFORE the eu citizen has moved to the host state. the non eu citizen is to "accompany" them and or "join" them in the hsot state - an issue raised by Hanna J in Kumar 2007.

http://ec.europa.eu/justice_home/doc_ce ... nce_en.pdf[/quote

Debate is good but we all need to keep cool heads. I dont think beloved has anything to do with it, i just think that most staff at the EU treaty, GNIB and DOJ are really confused about interpretation of the directives and clueless on what the real immigration policy is. The politicians who were pushing for a yes vote on Lisbon treaty aint even got a clue as to what the treaty is all about. peace and good luck to everybody