ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain for EEA Family Permit Holder

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PAVA10

Indefinite Leave to Remain for EEA Family Permit Holder

Post by PAVA10 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:10 pm

I am a dual national British / Irish and my wife is Peruvian. We both live in the UK and my wife holds an EEA Family permit with a 5 year residence card as additional evidence of her right to live here with me.

My wife arrived in the UK on her family permit in August 2007. She subsequently applied for her residence card which she finally received in June 2008.

I understand that my wife needs to wait 5 years before applying for ILR. The question is - from when is the 5 year period measured? Is it 5 years from her initial arrival in the UK or 5 years from the receipt of her residence card?

Does anybody know what evidence will be required after 5 years?

Thanks in advance

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:06 am

I think that her qualifying period for permanent residence started when she first arrived and resided in the UK with you. See also Applying under European law and European Casework Instructions > Chapter 6 - Permanent Residence.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:32 pm

As you are both British and Irish, you wife can apply for British Citizenship straight away on expiry of her Residence Permit. She does not have to apply for permanent residency.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:43 am

Pasha wrote:As you are both British and Irish, you wife can apply for British Citizenship straight away on expiry of her Residence Permit. She does not have to apply for permanent residency.
She has to have permanent residence but under EEA rules this is automatic after 5 years.