ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Trying to get Visa stamp at airport question

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hana17
Newly Registered

Trying to get Visa stamp at airport question

Post by Hana17 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:25 am

Hello guys! I would really appreciate some help or ideas on our plan. So two years ago we applied twice for an EEA fp but my husband was refused twice, based on clear lies. Anyway we r married for 11 years and have two small children. We put aside the UK plan for some time, and applied for EU citizenship for my husband but guess what they refused that also. We heard that some people book tickets to the UK with their spouses, go to the airport and manage to get a visa/stamp directly in their passport to enter UK. This, without having applied for EEA fp. Has anyone heard of a succes story like this? We don't want to waste money, but would love to try this. is this stamp that he can receive (if he's lucky enough) actually the EEA FP? Or what stamp is this? Does it allow us to travel in and out more than once? does someone know where exactly this stamping would take place at the airport? Before or after check-in? What documents should we bring with us? Is better to have the kids with us or try this without them? thanks guys! Have a good day!

mezien
Newly Registered
European Union

Re: Trying to get Visa stamp at airport question

Post by mezien » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:42 pm

We attempted this route but the airline refused us to board the plane. I read on this forum that people have more luck using the Eurostar Paris - London train.

Hana17
Newly Registered

Post by Hana17 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:32 pm

Thank you for the reply,and I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. We might give it a try in July, before brexit heats up again. We seriously lost hope in receiving a family permit we feel like they'll just refuse it for any made up lie. Have you made it to UK in the end? We know about the sea/train option, just don't feel like doing that with the small kids really.. no need to put them through that. Some people even get detained for no apparent reason. So messed up. :cry:

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:18 pm

I would advise you to call the airline you are planning to use. I higly doubt he will be admitted though.
The stamp is not a Family Permit.
Why was he denied Hungarian citizenship?

mezien
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by mezien » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:07 pm

Hana17, from which country are you planning to board the plane?

Do you have an EU Residence card?