ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Super Priority Service for BRP renewal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AbulHasnain
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Going Abroad BRP Expired

Post by AbulHasnain » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:27 pm

Dear Members

I am new so forigve me if this is not the relavent section for this topic.

My 10 years old daughter and her mother both got ILR. They are going to visit Pakistan in August. The flight is booked but when we looked at daughters BRP card it was expired (2018).

Now i have applied online for a renewal and paid the fee. Im also trying to get an appontnent for the UKVCAS centre.

Can someone confirm what happens at the appointment please? Do they keep the passports?
If they give us the passports back then daughter can travel to Pakistan without her BRP card?

Thanks in advance :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Going Abroad BRP Expired

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:36 pm

Can someone confirm what happens at the appointment please? Do they keep the passports?
The appointment is for document check and biometrics. They do not take the passport.
If they give us the passports back then daughter can travel to Pakistan without her BRP card?
Your daughter is unlikely to be able to return without a valid BRP card, she won't be able to board the flight to come back. BRP renewals can take up to 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AbulHasnain
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AbulHasnain » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:08 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Six months is a long time to renew BRP.

Once my daughter is in Pakistan can i collect the BRP card and send it to her through post so that she can come back?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:09 pm

Brp is delivered by DX courier
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AbulHasnain
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AbulHasnain » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:14 pm

Once the BRP has arrived i can post it to Pakistan so she can come back?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:17 pm

Up to you if you want risk posting it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:21 pm

Any reason why the family or at least one parent and the child hasn't applied for citizenship?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AbulHasnain
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AbulHasnain » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:17 pm
Up to you if you want risk posting it.
Thanks for point that "risk" element involved in sending post to Pakistan. Postal services are not very reliable there.

Kindly tell me if the premium service for BRP renewals is available, fee and how long does it take?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:49 pm

Super priority is available for some applications and costs an extra £800.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AbulHasnain
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AbulHasnain » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:21 pm
Any reason why the family or at least one parent and the child hasn't applied for citizenship?
No such reason but will definitely apply when they are back.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:27 pm

It will be risky in that sense too that if she wont be in UK then if authorities might need to see her (rarely happens) or ask for re-enrollment of biometrics then how can she come back without her BRP.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AbulHasnain
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AbulHasnain » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:06 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:27 pm
It will be risky in that sense too that if she wont be in UK then if authorities might need to see her (rarely happens) or ask for re-enrollment of biometrics then how can she come back without her BRP.
Thanks for the advice, now im not considering this option. It is risky.

Can you suggest anything please? What about BRP Visa? Can she get a BRP vis once she is in Pakistan?
And how long does it take?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:58 pm

AbulHasnain wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:06 pm
seagul wrote:

Can you suggest anything please? What about BRP Visa? Can she get a BRP vis once she is in Pakistan?
Also remember that if the applicant leave the country then its equivalent to withdrawing the application. From abroad i dont think that they will renew the ILR. Preferably wait before travel because its your fault who didnt have planned well.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AbulHasnain
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AbulHasnain » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:41 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:58 pm
AbulHasnain wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:06 pm
seagul wrote:

Also remember that if the applicant leave the country then its equivalent to withdrawing the application. From abroad i dont think that they will renew the ILR. Preferably wait before travel because its your fault who didnt have planned well.

You are right ILR renewal from abroad is not possible but what about getting BRP Replacement Visa for single entry?

I have read that people who have lost their BRP card abroad can get this visa to re entre the UK. But i dont know if people with expired card can also apply for this visa?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:01 pm

AbulHasnain wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:41 pm

I have read that people who have lost their BRP card abroad can get this visa to re entre the UK. But i dont know if people with expired card can also apply for this visa?
Expired BRP card isn't a case of lost/stolen so i guess you wont be able to apply from abroad.

AbulHasnain
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Super Priority Service for BRP renewal

Post by AbulHasnain » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:52 am

My daughter is due to visit Pakistan on 25 July 19 but her BRP card has been expired.

I have submitted renewal application on Sopra Steria UKVCAS website and trying to book an appointment.

There are three types of appointments available i.e. Core, Enhanced and Premium Lounge.

I need to know if this " Premium Lounge " service same as the super priority service?

If not then please inform how do i get super priority service to renew BRP card as i dont have enough time left to wait 6 months.

Thank you very much.

suchita02
Newly Registered

Re: Super Priority Service for BRP renewal

Post by suchita02 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:37 pm

AbulHasnain wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:52 am
My daughter is due to visit Pakistan on 25 July 19 but her BRP card has been expired.

I have submitted renewal application on Sopra Steria UKVCAS website and trying to book an appointment.

There are three types of appointments available i.e. Core, Enhanced and Premium Lounge.

I need to know if this " Premium Lounge " service same as the super priority service?

If not then please inform how do i get super priority service to renew BRP card as i dont have enough time left to wait 6 months.

Thank you very much.
Hi

I am in a similar situation as yours, the only difference is I am going to travel India soon and my daughter has an expired BRP card. We have a valid ILR issued back in 2014. I am not sure if we travel to India will she be allowed to travel back to the UK or not hence asking about your experience and solution you found. Any help will be much appreciated?

Many Thanks
Suchita