ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Successfull apllicants,Pls comment on source of funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ukhsmp

Tier-1 Successfull apllicants,Pls comment on source of funds

Post by ukhsmp » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:50 am

Hi All Successful Tier-1 applicants can u pls clarify my doubt.
I know this might be duplicate but this post is get the feedback from all successfull applicants about the source of funds.
I have deposited around 3 lacs INR in my bank account for showing maintenence funds. I have deposited in the month of April-08
I am planning to apply in the month of August -08. I am going to show the 3 months May,Jun,Jul as the period for maintenence funds.Do I need to show the source of funds for this. THe Website says that we should show source of funds for any large deposits in the last 3 months, which is not in my case.

Also Pls not that my salary is also credited in the same bank account.Pls advise.
ukhsmp

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier-1 Successfull apllicants,Pls comment on source of f

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:45 pm

Some of the suggestions I can make here, same you can also discover if you Search forum for Maintenance Funds.

1. Your statements should not be older than 7 days from the date of application. Are you aware?
2. Wait till your CR transcation of this transfer disappears from Bank Statements. May be, apply after 4 months.
3. If you have dependents then you need to maintain funds for your them too, GBP 2800 will be not be sufficient even if you are applying alone and have planned to apply for dependents (s) later.

Cheers!.

ukhsmp

Post by ukhsmp » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:17 pm

Hi Rajesh,
Thanks for your comments , the probl;em in my case is that my salary is also credited in the same bank account , so the CR transaction will be there as I will be showing my salary proof also.
ukhsmp

rely

Re: Tier-1 Successfull apllicants,Pls comment on source of f

Post by rely » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:14 am

ie with in a year.

[3. If you have dependents then you need to maintain funds for your them too, GBP 2800 will be not be sufficient even if you are applying alone and have planned to apply for dependents (s) later.

Cheers!.[/quote]

ukhsmp

Post by ukhsmp » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:58 am

Hi Rly,
I am not clear abt what you are trying to say.I have my wife and kid as dependent.And I am planning to apply for them after I go and settle there in UK may be after 4-5 months.Pls let me know if I have to maintain funds for them also.
ukhsmp

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:13 am

Can my dependants join me in the UK? wrote:you can support them without any help from public funds. You need £1,600 for each dependant joining you within 12 months of your arrival in the UK and £533 thereafter.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ukhsmp

Post by ukhsmp » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:32 am

hi Vinny,
Do I need it now or while I am applying for them.currently I have 3000 GBP in my account for the past 3 months. I will applying for my dependents only after I get to UK.
what amount should I fill in the Tier-1 general migrant self assessment form in the section 7.1.Pls let me know
ukhsmp

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:11 pm

Clarify your points and put across your position in the cover letter, explain them about your situation, and how you got ur funds, rather than conceiling it. Should be in ur best interest...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:28 pm

PBS Appendix 1 General Migrant Self Asseesment Form wrote:You must have £2,800 available funds for yourself plus £1,600 for each dependant accompanying you or intending to join you in the United Kingdom within 12 months of your arrival in the United Kingdom.
This is what the form says about maintenance funds if dependents intend to join the main applicant in UK within 12 months of his (main applicant) arrival in UK. Personally I think this is more of a "good to have" requirement rather than a "mandatory" requirement - that main apllicant must show 1600 pounds for each dependent at the time of his application even when dependents are not making an application simultaneously. But whether this is strictly followed or not, is something you should check with local BHC / VAC directly so that there's no doubt or confusion.

Regarding the deposit of 3L in your account, is it difficult for you to show the source? If the money has been given by a family member then get a letter from the family member to confirm that the money has been given to you to assist you in your initial sustenance in UK. Attach the family member's bank account statement showing the money transfer. If the money has been transferred from another account of yours, just say so and attach the bank statement (from where the money is transferred) showing the credit. Unless it is a cash transaction, it shouldn't be difficult to provide source of this deposit!

regards

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ukhsmp

Post by ukhsmp » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:54 am

Hi sushdmehta,
Thanks for ur reply. The main problem is I have around 2.24 Lacs as cash deposit which my brother gave and also he transfered around 78 K to my bank account directly.THe problem is I dont have any proof for the 2.24 Lacs . Also my brother is in UK. I am planning to get a notarised gift deed letter from my brother stating both the 2.24 Lacs and 78 K amount as a gift to me.Pls comment on my situation.
ukhsmp