ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish passport application and checks

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

trustworthy
Ireland

Irish passport application and checks

Post by trustworthy » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:45 pm

Hello everyone,

I need your help in following matter.

Today I applied for first time adult Irish passport. I got naturalisation on the basis of marriage to Irish Citizen. I applied through Dublin passport office by making an appointment. Everything was alright but the lady on the counter was bit reluctant to accept the passport from my country of origin as it was not biometric one, it was manual. As a matter of fact my biometric passport was expired in 2015 and thus passport was issued in 2010, whilst I was in my home country. When this passport expired in 2015 then the embassy of my country did not have the facility to issue biometric passports they were only issuing manual passports. This manual passport issued to me is expiring in 2020. Back to the actual topic the lady in the passport office was reluctant but then I showed her previous expired passport. She then swipe this passport on the computer and said yes your details have come up but this is an expired passport. I want a biometric passport with the bar code on it so that I could swipe it. I told her the story that this manual passport was issued when the embassy did not have any facility and since it’s still valid therefore there is no need for me to renew. I did not travel out of Ireland since this passport is issued therefore no need for me to get a biometric one. She said I need to make some extra check. She went upstairs with my both passport i.e the expired biometric and unexpired manual passport. I saw that she was talking to her senior colleagues by showing my passports and came back after while. She showed me a thumb up and said it’s Ok. She copied both of my passport and gave me the tracking receipt and asked to pay the money in cash on the counter. She told that I can get my passport normally in 21 days but I should keep tracking it online.

Now my real question is will she try to make enquiry with the embassy of my country who had issued this manual passport. I am not worried about any enquiry my worry is that the embassy of my country is very pathetic in replying to enquiries sent by any department in Ireland. One of my friend who had worked in the embassy told me once that we are advised not to care about any enquiries sent through fax, email or by letters. This attitude could really slow down the outcome of my application for Irish passport. Please advise. Your valuable advise will be much appreciated.

man_lo
Newly Registered
Gabon

Re: Irish passport application and checks

Post by man_lo » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:30 pm

I think if she had any doubts she wouldn't take your application and documents. I do not think she will contact your embassy at all. she showed you thumbs up that means passport check was ok. dont worry.

DublinGirl

Re: Irish passport application and checks

Post by DublinGirl » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:53 am

There's nothing to worry about they know all that lot people from outside EU don't have readable passports so tgey they accept them and also naturalization dept won't issue citizenship approval if they have problem with manual passports once they issued all good.