ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting married in 2 weeks

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raindear
Newly Registered

Getting married in 2 weeks

Post by raindear » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:40 pm

Hi everyone. I'm getting married with my Polish fiance in 2 weeks time and planning to submit our documents right after we get married. My questions are...

1. He's registered with WRS with his job last june 2007, he worked there until last week of March then moved to another job but only for a month so he didn't register for WRS with them and just went back to his original job that is registered with WRS. Will that count as 12 months uninterrupted work? or he has to wait again for a year from May? coz he stopped for 1 month with that job but never actually stopped working coz he still worked with other company which wasnt registered with WRS since he didn't stay for more than a month.

2. Once we're married depending on the above situation, I understand that if he needs another 1 year from May then I have to apply for FMRS otherwise EEA2, if in case I have to apply for EEA2, in order for me to apply for this he must apply first for EEA1 right? or Can we submit both applications at the same time altogether?

3. Once we're married can I already apply for work in UK, or do I have to wait for FMRS or EEA2 first which will take around 6months? If I have to wait for 6 months so I can apply to work ... oh gosh my poor husband then.. with the high cost of living.. i need to help him.. Is it the same time frame when we just go to Poland to apply for my family permit or to my country of origin which is Philippines or is it just the same?

I hope I could receive insights about my situation.. I know it's similar in some ways with the other posts but still slightly different. Thanks in advance.

raindear
Newly Registered

Post by raindear » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:58 am

please could anyone suggest any solicitor that could help? Thanks.