ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

question on offer period and notice period in UK

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tkpvijay
Newly Registered

question on offer period and notice period in UK

Post by tkpvijay » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:17 pm

Hi Friends,
Thanks for immigration boards, I was able to get my HSMP and land here in UK. I was searching job and got a job from an indian based company with UK office. They have taken me as HSMP contract employee.. As I did not have much knowledge on the job market I took the offer immediately - but now is the problem.. I signed the offer of employement which state, "you agree to work with XYZ company for a period of atleast 12 months with 1 month notice period" - its been only 2 weeks into this company and they have deputed me in a remote place for their client project - I am not feeling comfortable with the company and I am getting good offers - now this is my question -
1. Do I have to serve the entire 12 month period and then only put the notice period?
2. If I get another offer, can I put the notice period and leave immediately?
3. What should I say for the next company in case I had to come immediately, which I cannot do with the 1 month notice period?
Please help.

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:29 pm

1. Do I have to serve the entire 12 month period and then only put the notice period?
2. If I get another offer, can I put the notice period and leave immediately?
3. What should I say for the next company in case I had to come immediately, which I cannot do with the 1 month notice period?
It depends upon the contract that you have signed, which should state the implications of you breaking the contract before the stipulated time such as financial implications etc.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:11 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!