ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

More then one source of previous income

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

monster8
Newly Registered

More then one source of previous income

Post by monster8 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:43 pm

Hi folks

I have more then one source of previous income i.e. my regular job and freelance worker.

For my regular job, I have all the required evidences i.e. salary slips, bank statement reflecting my salaries, letter from the employer, and tax return document.

I occasionally work as a freelance producer with international News channels. It is normally a week's job without any written contract and always on cash payment. All I get is a receipt of payment on company headed paper. My bank statement reflects almost every cash deposit against the payments.

Do you people think that I have sufficient evidences to justify my previous income especially from the freelance work?

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:13 am

Hi, your case appears fine to me as you have evidences from two different sources. Howevever, It would suggest you to go through PBS Teir 1 (General) Migrante Policy guide and following links: UKBA and UKVisas

monster8
Newly Registered

Post by monster8 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:07 pm

Hi rajesh

Thank you for the links. Its a great help. The website says:

Documentary evidence for contractors
If, as a contractor, you do not operate through your own company or consider yourself to be an employee, you should provide the following:
an accountant's letter confirming your gross and net earnings for the period claimed; and
personal bank statements highlighting all credit payments made to your account from employment undertaken during the earnings period claimed.
your help is much appreciated

Do you think I should provide the above two evidences to justify my freelance work?
And what do you think if I pay income tax and manage to acquire tax return for the freelance work as well.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:59 pm

1. Yes

2. That would be great. Though its not a mandatory requirement but supplying Tax Certificate will strengthen your case because it will show income was subjected to Tax laws, not illegaly earned.

Best wishes,
Rajesh.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:10 pm

Please remember:

1. Tax documents cannot be used until the assessment period (tax period) exactly mirrors the period that you are claiming points for. If you are confused about this, read the guidelines very carefully. Or search the forum for more information on the matter and detailed explanations.

2. You say your bank statements (for freelance work) show *almost every* cash deposit. I hope you are gaining enough points with cash deposits for which you have a record. The missing deposit entries cannot be included in your earnings because you'll not be able to provide 2 evidences as proof.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!