ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK - US Fiancee Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Auron
Newly Registered

UK - US Fiancee Visa

Post by Auron » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:43 pm

Hello, thankyou for reading this subject. I would be extremely grateful for some light to be shed on my current circumstance.

Ok, so here is the situation at present.

My Fiancee lives in the USA, and I live in the UK. The main route, and probably the easiest and most logical is for us to apply for a Fiancee Visa. As we are aiming to live here in the UK.

I have studied this topic for a while now, and have found that we are eligible for the Visa. I have contacted countless law firms and none of them hold up a red card and tell us no.

Basically i have 3 main queries:

- Fiancee Visa or Marriage Visa, which is easier? One option (that i would rather avoid doing) is for me to travel to the US on a 90 Day Visa and marry her. Then come back to the UK and apply for the marriage Visa. Obviously the marriage Visa requires more or less the same thing as a Fiancee Visa.

- Or, would it be easier to apply for the Fiancee Visa, then for her come to the UK and get married within the required 6 months? Personally i think this is the most viable option as if im not eligible for a Fiancee Visa, even after marrying her id still not be eligible for a Marriage Visa, thus wasting the money travelling to marry her in the US.

- The main point i would really like some light to be shed upon is the question of Law Firms, and No Visa No Fee offers. I have had a couple of law firms say "yes we have a 100% success rate and we would never take on a case that we could not win" However, if something seems too good to be true, it usually is. I am not sure which path to choose to gain a Fiancee Visa...Would it be easier and cheaper for me to apply?, or for a Law firm to handle it?...would i be a fool to pay £400 for a law firm to handle it? (that is one quote i have)

Thankyou for your patience in reading this subject :lol:

I would be overjoyed if somebody could give me a direction in this matter. :D

M.D.C

Thanks again.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:46 am

See also Guidance - Husbands, wives and partners (INF 4).

A difference is that Fiancé(e) visa holders should apply for FLR(M) after marriage. Spouse visa holder should initially enter the UK within 28 days (4 weeks) of the spouse visa's effective date.

When applying for settlement, don't forget: the KOL requirements and
How do I qualify to join my husband, wife or civil partner in the UK? wrote:The UK Border Agency will deal with your application to stay permanently in the UK. Shortly before the end of your probationary two years Leave to Enter (LTE) period you will need to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). When you do this you will have to provide at least 20 letters and other documents addressed to you and your partner or spouse at the same address, as evidence that you have been living together during the past two years. Examples of documentation to provide are listed on the UK Border Agency website: Form SET (M) and guidance notes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.