ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport return delay using "Keep passport when applying"

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Plouis8888
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Passport return delay using "Keep passport when applying"

Post by Plouis8888 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:31 am

Anybody please share your experience or give some advice about substantial delay on passport return? I have read a thread on this forum, about passport delay with Priority service in other countries but wondering if anybody have similar experience when applied in Australia, especially at Melbourne VFS?

Exactly after 15 working days of my biometric was done at Melbourne VFS, I received email saying that the UKVI is ready to make decision on 18 June 2019 and wanted me to hand in my passport at the VFS Global Melbourne within 4 weeks. I travelled from China in rush and arrived in Melbourne on 19 June and dropped in my (Canadian) passport on 20 June at 8:30 am at VFS Melbourne. I was told that my passport would be returned in 5 working days. However, it is over 11 working days already.

I sent an email to VFS (that address was given by UKVI complaint section); VFS replied quickly and said that my visa application is still in process. I also sent an email to UKVI for about 5 GBP on 2 July, and got a reply on 3 July saying that an escalation was sent on 3 July and somebody would get back to me very soon. However, it is now 7 July, over 11 working days since my passport was handed in and I heard nothing.

I heard that my passport would be sent from Melbourne to Sydney and then it would be sent from Sydney to my address in Tasmania. At the time when I paid for the "Keep passport when applying", I did not get any information on tracking number or even the courier company. I am very much worried about my passport whether it is lost or forgotten and I badly need my passport in about a week for a scheduled urgent trip to care my mother. BTW, the maximum processing time for Tier 2 visa at Melbourne VFS on UKVI website, is 15 working days. Mine is already 25 working days.

Any suggestion and advice would be very much appreciated.

chinastudent1245
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Passport return delay using "Keep passport when applying"

Post by chinastudent1245 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:01 am

Did you ever receive back your passport? / How long did it take to eventually receive your passport? I am in a similar situation right now.