ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mlrl
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Citizenship

Post by mlrl » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:13 am

Hello again!

I have few random situational questions I needed answering (pretty please)

I am on ILR and I am eligible to apply for naturalisation this year. I am married to a natural born British Citizen. However, I didn’t use the spousal route to meet my previous immigration applications. Tier 2 (General) + ILR.

Question 1: Given the above status, can I apply for the Naturalisation anytime by now?

Question 2: On the application form, it’s says that “If you are the spouse or civil partner of a British citizen, provide details about trips from the last 3 years, otherwise provide details from the last 5 years.” From my understanding, I can just provide the previous 3 years of travels outside the UK?

Question 3: I am currently working in Newcastle-upon-Tyne temporarily and he lives in Southampton so we have 2 different addresses. Because we have 2 separate contracts as 1 occupancy per address, I don’t want to use just one address as he doesn’t live in my address nor me in his address. We are currently saving up for a house and we decided to house share temporarily whilst I am working away as it works way cheaper.

Question, will this affect my application? We were saying that my previous immigration applications weren’t based on the spousal route anyway so it doesn’t have any bearing? I just want to be transparent and honest about the address.

Question 4: I can provide an employment history certificate for all my employers for the past 10 years. Do I need to submit my P60s as well?

Question 5: Referees, do they contact the referees? I have 2 referees already but they’re hesitant to be called and “interrogated.” I mean, I have no criminal, civil or police records at all and we are all registered professionals. They’re terrified that they might provide the wrong information. ☺️

I know some of these questions are stupid but I’d rather ask than to assume.

Thanking you in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:19 am

Question 1: Given the above status, can I apply for the Naturalisation anytime by now?
You could have applied as soon as you got ILR if you are married to a British citizen. It is irrelevant which visa route you took to ILR. The citizenship requirement is simply to be married to a British spouse, irrespective of route to ILR or how your British spouse became British.
Question 2: On the application form, it’s says that “If you are the spouse or civil partner of a British citizen, provide details about trips from the last 3 years, otherwise provide details from the last 5 years.” From my understanding, I can just provide the previous 3 years of travels outside the UK?
Correct, 3 years.
Question 3: I am currently working in Newcastle-upon-Tyne temporarily and he lives in Southampton so we have 2 different addresses. Because we have 2 separate contracts as 1 occupancy per address, I don’t want to use just one address as he doesn’t live in my address nor me in his address. We are currently saving up for a house and we decided to house share temporarily whilst I am working away as it works way cheaper.

Question, will this affect my application? We were saying that my previous immigration applications weren’t based on the spousal route anyway so it doesn’t have any bearing? I just want to be transparent and honest about the address.
Fine to put two different addresses. The requirement is to be married. I applied when I was already separated from my spouse. Your previous immigration route is IRRELEVANT!!
Question 4: I can provide an employment history certificate for all my employers for the past 10 years. Do I need to submit my P60s as well?
You need to list the employment details in the form as it asks. No you do NOT need P60s, you are NOT repeating the ILR process.
Question 5: Referees, do they contact the referees? I have 2 referees already but they’re hesitant to be called and “interrogated.” I mean, I have no criminal, civil or police records at all and we are all registered professionals. They’re terrified that they might provide the wrong information. ☺️
No they do not contact the referees. Even if they do, it is VERY VERY rare.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mlrl
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship

Post by mlrl » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:09 am

Thank you so much CR001!!!
I do hope this is a straightforward application!

-m