ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 general partner renewal

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

virtual7887
Newly Registered

Tier2 general partner renewal

Post by virtual7887 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:01 pm

Hi All,

I have to renew my partner's tier2 general PBS dependent visa.

The current visa expires on 30th September.

In this regard I have 2 questions,
1. What is the earliest date on which I can submit the extension application? (Can I do it 2 months before its expiry?).
2. Can we travel outside the UK at the end of August for a week and return? (if the visa expires end of September?)

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier2 general partner renewal

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:05 pm

1. You can apply when you meet the requirements, ie maintenance funds for 90 days etc.

2. You can't travel while an application is pending with ho if that is your question. Either travel before you apply for an extension or apply and travel after you receive the extension and brp.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

virtual7887
Newly Registered

Post by virtual7887 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:51 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:05 pm
1. You can apply when you meet the requirements, ie maintenance funds for 90 days etc.

2. You can't travel while an application is pending with ho if that is your question. Either travel before you apply for an extension or apply and travel after you receive the extension and brp.
1. I think we have all the requirements ready. We have even filled in the application form. but, want to know if there are any rules that one should not apply to renew before 28 days before the visa expiry, etc.? Are you saying it is possible to apply for renewal now (i.e. before 2.5 months before the visa expiry?).

2. Sorry if I was ambiguous. My question was - Can I travel before the extension and enter back into the UK, if the remaining validity of the visa is just a month or less? If yes, we want to consider renew first and then travel.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:55 pm

1. As you will get a 3 year extension, you should be fine to apply now.

2. You are free to travel and re-enter the UK as long as you have a valid visa. There is no requirement to have X amount of months left on it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

virtual7887
Newly Registered

Post by virtual7887 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:55 pm
1. As you will get a 3 year extension, you should be fine to apply now.

2. You are free to travel and re-enter the UK as long as you have a valid visa. There is no requirement to have X amount of months left on it.
1. This is the second extension. So, we only expect another 1.5 years to be given. (to make a total of 6 years on this visa)
The first visa was for 1.5 years (to match with the main applicant), the first extension was for 3 years.
I hope our thinking is correct and it does not change your answer given the above,

2. Thanks!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:24 pm

There is no '6 year cap' for tier 2 dependents. The cap ONLY applies to Tier 2 main visa holders and as you hold ILR, it is no longer relevant.

Your dependent will get a 3 year extension, regardless of how long is needed to qualify for ILR.

Visa fee plus £1200 IHS is payable.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

virtual7887
Newly Registered

Post by virtual7887 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:31 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:24 pm
There is no '6 year cap' for tier 2 dependents. The cap ONLY applies to Tier 2 main visa holders and as you hold ILR, it is no longer relevant.

Your dependent will get a 3 year extension, regardless of how long is needed to qualify for ILR.

Many Thanks for you response. We will start the application process by the end of this month if we can apply now.(mainly because of what I learnt yesterday - see 2 below)

Further regarding point 2, I was happy that we could travel before the renewal but when I checked the VFS visa application centre website I was dissapoointed to see that its says at least 90 days beyond the return date of the trip to the Schengen Area.

Please see : https://www.vfsglobal.com/Portugal/UK/Tourist.html
"Documents required" Tab > section "3. UK Residence permit"

I think the rules changed, looks like the renewal should be done first - means no vacation for us in August.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:40 am

There Schengen visa rules have not changed. They require evidence of 90 up 180 days (depending on country) of leave to remain in the UK.

There no requirement in returning to the UK to have x amount of visa validity, which is the point I had made as you had not stated where you planned on holidaying.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

virtual7887
Newly Registered

Post by virtual7887 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:25 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:40 am
There Schengen visa rules have not changed. They require evidence of 90 up 180 days (depending on country) of leave to remain in the UK.

There no requirement in returning to the UK to have x amount of visa validity, which is the point I had made as you had not stated where you planned on holidaying.
My bad, makes sense.

virtual7887
Newly Registered

Post by virtual7887 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:14 pm

I am stumped and stuck while applying the PBS dependent visa extension for my wife.

I was on Tier2 general Visa and got my ILR about an year ago. As my wife still hasn't been on the PBS partner visa for 5 years, she is not yet eligible to apply for ILR and I will have to renew her PBS partner visa.

I filled in the application form and all went ok until I went to the IHS (immigration health surcharge) page to pay the fee. This page asks for the expiry and visa type of the main applicant - it does not have ILR option in the list and expiry for ILR?. I am stuck on what to specify and pay here, as my application cannot be forwarded unless I pay here. Please help !

(On side note, I tried giving my old Tier2 visa expiry and selected the tier2 option... which then is clearly giving me a wrong IHS to pay. :()

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:38 pm

I filled in the application form and all went ok until I went to the IHS (immigration health surcharge) page to pay the fee. This page asks for the expiry and visa type of the main applicant - it does not have ILR option in the list and expiry for ILR?. I am stuck on what to specify and pay here, as my application cannot be forwarded unless I pay here. Please help !

(On side note, I tried giving my old Tier2 visa expiry and selected the tier2 option... which then is clearly giving me a wrong IHS to pay. :()
Give tier 2 details and ILR expiry date 3 years from now, ie 2022 to get the correct fee of £1200.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

virtual7887
Newly Registered

Post by virtual7887 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:24 pm

I think I need some guidance on how to go about paying the correct IHS for my application.
Any help will be much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:38 pm

Give tier 2 details and ILR expiry date 3 years from now, ie 2022 to get the correct fee of £1200.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

virtual7887
Newly Registered

Post by virtual7887 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:38 pm

Thanks CR001 for the help. But I have a few questions just to ensure I do the right thing (because if I specify something wrong and get a pay now screen on IHS then I will have to do the whole application all over again to get back to the IHS screen.)

My ILR card has an expiry year of 2024.
Should I specify Oct 2022 or Oct 2024?
If I can specify any year until when I want a visa, can I specify Oct 2020 in that case, because all I need is to keep her on the PBS dependent for less than an year before she become eligible for ILR?

Is this expiry just used to calculate the IHS fee but for nothing else? (this originates from the doubt whether I can specify an expiry date myself .. fingers crossed.. sorry if you think this is ignorance :oops: )

Please throw some light and I will proceed.

Many Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:50 pm

You specify an expiry date 3 years ahead from the date of application. If you apply today, you state the expiry date as x august 2022.
If I can specify any year until when I want a visa, can I specify Oct 2020 in that case, because all I need is to keep her on the PBS dependent for less than an year before she become eligible for ILR?
You cannot apply for less than a 3 year PBS Dependent extension and pay less IHS. The immigration rules state a PBS Dependent extension will be for 3 years. If you don't pay, you risk a refusal or delay as HO will have to write to you to pay the outstanding IHS.
Is this expiry just used to calculate the IHS fee but for nothing else? (this originates from the doubt whether I can specify an expiry date myself .. fingers crossed.. sorry if you think this is ignorance :oops: )
Yes, it is only to calculate the IHS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Chanti1211
United Kingdom

Post by Chanti1211 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:48 pm

Hi CR001,

In my case, My wife was granted 1 year Tier2 dependent PBS visa in Sep 2018 which is expiring next month. Now, I'm planning on applying for Tier2 dependent PBS extension where she needs 4 years for ILR application.

1) If I give my original ILR expiry date which is Dec 2024 and paying 5 years of IHS. Is there a possibility to get a 5 years visa instead of 3 years?

2) If I would like to try my luck by paying 5 years of IHS fee and HO only issues a 3 years visa, will HO refund the extra IHS payment(2 years) taken during my application? If yes, please could you advise the process to get the refund?

3) By giving the false expiry date for the IHS fee, are we not risking the application? Because we are declaring in the application that "If false information is given, the application will be refused and the applicant may be banned from the UK and prosecuted."

Thank you.

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:50 pm
You specify an expiry date 3 years ahead from the date of application. If you apply today, you state the expiry date as x august 2022.
You cannot apply for less than a 3 year PBS Dependent extension and pay less IHS. The immigration rules state a PBS Dependent extension will be for 3 years. If you don't pay, you risk a refusal or delay as HO will have to write to you to pay the outstanding IHS.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:30 pm

Chanti1211 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:48 pm
Hi CR001,

In my case, My wife was granted 1 year Tier2 dependent PBS visa in Sep 2018 which is expiring next month. Now, I'm planning on applying for Tier2 dependent PBS extension where she needs 4 years for ILR application.

1) If I give my original ILR expiry date which is Dec 2024 and paying 5 years of IHS. Is there a possibility to get a 5 years visa instead of 3 years?

2) If I would like to try my luck by paying 5 years of IHS fee and HO only issues a 3 years visa, will HO refund the extra IHS payment(2 years) taken during my application? If yes, please could you advise the process to get the refund?

3) By giving the false expiry date for the IHS fee, are we not risking the application? Because we are declaring in the application that "If false information is given, the application will be refused and the applicant may be banned from the UK and prosecuted."

Thank you.

CR001 wrote:
1. No. The immigration rules state it will be a 3 year extension and that is what will be given.

2. Probably although some members have not received refunds after many months.

3. Ho is aware if the glitch in the system. Many have had approval and had no issues. The expiry date is ONLY for IHS fee calculation!!

4. You should post your questions in your own topic please.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Chanti1211
United Kingdom

Post by Chanti1211 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:06 pm

Thank you CR001.
CR001 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:30 pm
Chanti1211 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:48 pm
Hi CR001,

Thank you.

CR001 wrote:
1. No. The immigration rules state it will be a 3 year extension and that is what will be given.

2. Probably although some members have not received refunds after many months.

3. Ho is aware if the glitch in the system. Many have had approval and had no issues. The expiry date is ONLY for IHS fee calculation!!

4. You should post your questions in your own topic please.

virtual7887
Newly Registered

Post by virtual7887 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
Many Thanks CR001. Without you, I would have had no clue on what to do! :D