ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 parent of an EEA baby

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

expatlux
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

EU1 parent of an EEA baby

Post by expatlux » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:46 pm

Hello, after lurking for the past few months I've finally registered to post this. I'm applying as a qualifying family member as the parent of an EEA citizen child. Said child is dual British and my nationality, but not yet Irish; FBR application was submitted a couple of months ago. My current Irish visa expires in December 2019; I didn't want to wait for the FBR application as that may not happen before my current visa expires. The local garda immigration officer assures me I would receive a temporary extension until the FBR was processed however that's a long time to wait and worry.

My application and supporting documents are ready to submit, I'm just agonizing over the letter I've been told to include as our situation doesn't quite fit the options on the form. I am not a dependent (on the EEA citizen) parent as the EU1 form seems to assume. I sent an email to EU Treaty Rights and their reply essentially told me to send in a wide range of documents covering most of the documents requested for *all* the categories: employed, self-employed, studying, involuntarily unemployed, or residing with sufficient resources (the option I'm applying under as baby certainly isn't working or studying). I'm currently unemployed until baby is less reliant on me for feedings which doesn't exactly strengthen my application.

Does anyone have any knowledge/experience with such an application where the EEA citizen is a minor?