ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR or SETTLED STATUS/PERMANENT RESIDENCE

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jattsaab
Newly Registered
India

ILR or SETTLED STATUS/PERMANENT RESIDENCE

Post by jattsaab » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:18 pm

Hello,
I have a question to ask regarding application I a preparing myself for. I have had a EU Family Member Residency Card which was issued in 2015. My wife is Polish originally, however last year she obtained her British Citizenship also so that makes her having dual citizenship. I was therfore wondering and wanted to ask for advice on which route I should go, would it be more convenient for us to apply via British nationality route for IRL of the EU route for SETTLED STATUS/PERMANENT RESIDENCY??
Thanks for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR or SETTLED STATUS/PERMANENT RESIDENCE

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:32 pm

would it be more convenient for us to apply via British nationality route for IRL
You cannot apply for ILR visa this route as you do not hold the qualifying spouse visa under the UK immigration rules to qualify for ILR as the spouse of British citizen.

You only have the EU route option available.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.