ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent- Additional parental consent for Child First Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Natey007
United Kingdom

Urgent- Additional parental consent for Child First Passport

Post by Natey007 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:53 am

Dear good people,

This forum has helped me tremendously from applying for ILR to British passports for my UK born children. And I thought the journey has come to end when I applied for my children’s British passports 2 weeks ago.

Unfortunately , I just found out yesterday that Passport Office has required my wife’s parental consent for 2 of my children ( aged 2 and 9 ). I’m their father, have parental responsibility, still married to my wife, and I was the one who filled up and signed their forms. So I don’t understand why they still my wife’s consent. And it doesn’t ask for both parents’ consents.

In the documents checklist, it says only if a parent (father) who doesn’t have parental responsibility then a mother with full parental responsibility needs to signed a consent letter.

The problem here is actually time. I have made travel arrangements to travel abroad on 22 July. For £120 , they can send back the passports Using a fast track service, but with the consent letter need to posted to them in Liverpool, today or tomorrow, I’m not sure the passports will be back before 22 July.

Anyone can confirm on this parental consent?

Any inputs/response are very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Natey007
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent- Additional parental consent for Child First Passport

Post by Natey007 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:06 am

* I knew about this when I called them yesterday, they said they have sent a letter requesting that consent letter but I haven’t received the letter yet, I will only send the document back once I received the letter - just to be sure what else they requested.

If they only requested my wife’s parental consent and if that is not needed, maybe I have to be firm with them about not sending the letter? I’m confused. Please help. Thank you.