ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Best Way To Gain a Fiancee Visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Auron
Newly Registered

Best Way To Gain a Fiancee Visa?

Post by Auron » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:32 pm

Hi, thanks for readng.

I am currently aiming to gain a Fiancee Visa, in time for 1st October 2008. I was wondering the best way to go about this?

- Either through Myself?

- Or a Law firm?

I have had offers through various law firms, promising "No Visa No Fee" however this seems too good to be true.

M.D.C

:)

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:40 pm

Well, I hope you have a fiancee, to begin with...

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:59 pm

thirdwave wrote:Well, I hope you have a fiancee, to begin with...
"No Visa No Fee - and we'll even supply the fiancee" :P

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:05 pm

I have had offers through various law firms, promising "No Visa No Fee" however this seems too good to be true.
As they say, if it seems too good to be true, it usual is because it is! I have never heard of anyone offering visa services on a no visa no fee basis .... except one firm in Bangkok offering a refund of the fee if visa not forthcoming, but subject to conditions. The problem is that those conditions actually mean ..... if any problem with the evidence you supply, and that causes a failure, then you will not get your money back. So not a real offer anyway.

Steer well clear of firms making that sort of offer. In which country are such offers being made?
John

waiting8
Newly Registered

Post by waiting8 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:02 am

I used a law firm and they took for ever to compile my application and gave me misleading and wrong information,
Try and gather as much information as you can before you send your application in get on forums and ask people for their advice and make sure you have originals for everything and as much information as you can on evidence of your relationship.
Don't waste your money on lawyer fees as i did cause you can do it yourself and it takes exactly the same amount of time at the embassy they don't look at one's done by lawyer any different to self applicants.

I'm in Australia waiting for my visa to be approved i haven't heard anything for 9 weeks.. stressful process to go through

MaiGT
Newly Registered

Post by MaiGT » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:13 am

Try and gather as much information as you can before you send your application in get on forums and ask people for their advice and make sure you have originals for everything and as much information as you can on evidence of your relationship.

Dont think that that there is trivial evidence - items like photos which prove that you two are an item, birthday cards, exams cards, valentine's cards and presents, emails, MSN chats, - will go a long way in proving your relationship. What the ECO needs to tangible evidence that you two are an item and in a relationship and have know each other for a longish time.

If you bombard them with all the evidence - you give them less grounds for further questions.

Good Luck!!

Auron
Newly Registered

Post by Auron » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:29 pm

Thanks all for the replies , much appreciated.

:lol: Yes, i have the most crucial item, which is a Fiancee.

- The countries offering No Visa No Fee include America.

- And, yes i believe you are correct regarding the law firms.

- I had never thought that Instant Messagner info and photographs would have helped, however i shall supply all the evidence i can. Including Instans Messanging and Photos.

Thanks again , very much appreciated.