ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Bank Statement Required?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zahidhsmp

Is Bank Statement Required?

Post by zahidhsmp » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:43 am

Dear All
I am going to apply for HSMP. As a evidence of my past earnings I have got the Letter from Finance Manager of my company and also the Income Tax Return. The question is that whether I need to attach bank statment also or not? I mean whether the bank statement is required as evidence of past earning or is it essential to show that you have funds to support your self and your family in UK?

Waiting for responce

Zahid Mahmood

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:30 am

A bank statement is good to submit because it does both: it shows earnings and available funds.

Joseph

axer
Newly Registered

Post by axer » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:24 pm

But could anyone kindly explain me, why one need to show the evidence of available funds when applying for HSMP ?

As I thought it's a duty of EC team to check it up ... I couldn't find in HSMP form / HSMP part of leaflet the statement that I need to demonstrate available funds before I got a decision from HSMP team.

potinenir
Newly Registered

Post by potinenir » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:54 pm

Hi,
For my application i attached only payslips and income tax papers and there was no problem.I didnot submit the bank statement. But as Joseph said " it shows earnings and available funds" it's better to submit.

Thanks,
Rajp

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:14 pm

axer wrote:
But could anyone kindly explain me, why one need to show the evidence of available funds when applying for HSMP ?
So that the HSMP Team can see you are able to maintain and accomodate yourself and any dependents without recourse to public funds.
As I thought it's a duty of EC team to check it up ... I couldn't find in HSMP form / HSMP part of leaflet the statement that I need to demonstrate available funds before I got a decision from HSMP team.
Both the HSMP Team and the ECO must see proof of funds which is best substantiated by bank statements. A salary earned to date letter/ statement on its own does not refelct you necessarily still have the funds because you may have had a try on the equity markets and got burnt. Pleae go to para 9.1 of the HSMP Guidance leaflet which states inter alia:
9.1 In addition to scoring at least 65 points you will also need to demonstrate:

b) That you have enough savings and/or potential income to be able to support yourself and your family. You will not be allowed any use of UK public funds (please see Q&A section for list of public funds) whilst in the United Kingdom with permission to stay under the programme.

axer
Newly Registered

Post by axer » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:38 pm

2Kayalami

Thanks, that's clear for me now .. perhaps I have overlooked that part of the leaflet.

Do I have to translate the bank statement to English, or the language of numbers is all-sufficient ?

anupvijay

Post by anupvijay » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:12 pm

Hi Kayalami,

If a person has a firm job offer from UK does the funds matter that much?
Regards
Anup