ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish want to "enter" Canada one way or another&qu

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TRV

Irish want to "enter" Canada one way or another&qu

Post by TRV » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:07 pm

iamwhoever

Post by iamwhoever » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:44 pm

Wow. It's one thing to go for the visit, maybe even take advantage of the full time allowed, to see what your options are. Many countries don't mind people job searching or interviewing if they are eligible to take advantage of the vis waiver program, but you still go with the intention of leaving when your time expires until you get things situated. Many of the countries are fine with you looking, still require you to leave the country to apply for the work permit. I mean the route these people are taking is crazy. I came to Ireland on a visitor visa to interview and get things situated to train as an accountant, but I left once my 90 days were up, and I am now waiting to re-enter on a training visa one month prior to my training start.

It may be hard, but do everything legally is the way to go if one wishes to immigrate to any country. Get caught illegally in one country, or be denied entrance, you may never be allowed to travel via the visa waiver program or immigrate. This is crazy in this period. It's not like it was. What are people thinking?

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:11 pm

iamwhoever wrote:Wow. It's one thing to go for the visit, maybe even take advantage of the full time allowed, to see what your options are. Many countries don't mind people job searching or interviewing if they are eligible to take advantage of the vis waiver program, but you still go with the intention of leaving when your time expires until you get things situated. Many of the countries are fine with you looking, still require you to leave the country to apply for the work permit. I mean the route these people are taking is crazy. I came to Ireland on a visitor visa to interview and get things situated to train as an accountant, but I left once my 90 days were up, and I am now waiting to re-enter on a training visa one month prior to my training start.

It may be hard, but do everything legally is the way to go if one wishes to immigrate to any country. Get caught illegally in one country, or be denied entrance, you may never be allowed to travel via the visa waiver program or immigrate. This is crazy in this period. It's not like it was. What are people thinking?
pal

u just wait and see. u will have your fun with the irish immigration unless you just work for a year or tow. otherwise, good luck, haha

iamwhoever

Post by iamwhoever » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:25 pm

I working here for 4 years as a trainee accountant. It isn't that difficult to do. Once I'm qualified, I won't have a problem getting permission to work in most countries, especially being BIG4 trained. It is a high skill shortage area, and I won't even need a job if I choose to move to the UK after I finish. Plus, I've spoken with my firm, and I know they never had any issues getting a Green Card to hire one of their trainees permanently. However, I am well aware of the issues with immigration in Ireland. I know it isn't going to be easy, but I'm going to do it illegally if I choose to remain there beyond my contract. And hell, it is still easier than trying to get in the US. Trust me. I"m from there and have many friends in the US who are from Europe. I know I have my work cut out for me, but there is no reason to cheat the system. If you get caught, then you'll never make it happen.

astartes

Post by astartes » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:07 pm

Funny how little respect so many Irishmen have for the immigration laws of other nations, while complaining about foreigners in their own country. Talk about denial and double standards.