ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa UK Caution

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

durianboy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa UK Caution

Post by durianboy » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:45 pm

Hi there,

I wish to apply for the spouse visa in order for my partner to stay here; we have given notice of marriage and a due to be married in a couple of months. However, I was wondering I received a caution for Cannabis in 2014 (this being the only one); will this have a negative impact on our spouse visa application. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Molux
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa UK Caution

Post by Molux » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:04 pm

To shed some light i think applying in uk no but applying elsewhere its possible due to how tgey see cautions. Its only a caution not a criminal record . So hope this helps. Im not a lawer ok.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:04 pm

Caution is not a criminal record and possibly there is no record about it anywhere.

I recommend you forgot it ever happened. This kind of things are nothing but they can haunt you if you keep mentioning them. Being upfront about things like that can get you banned from some countries, refused entry, refused some jobs... etc.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:18 pm

durianboy wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:45 pm
Hi there,

I wish to apply for the spouse visa in order for my partner to stay here; we have given notice of marriage and a due to be married in a couple of months. However, I was wondering I received a caution for Cannabis in 2014 (this being the only one); will this have a negative impact on our spouse visa application. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
If you declare it honestly wherever it will be asked then for spouse visa you may be fine but it will certainly affect you at ILR stage and afterwards.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

durianboy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by durianboy » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:25 pm

Thanks but I’m not sure if it was clear that it is my partner who is applying not myself. I already have citizenship.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:36 pm

durianboy wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:25 pm
Thanks but I’m not sure if it was clear that it is my partner who is applying not myself. I already have citizenship.
Above reply is whom whoever is applying spouse visa.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.