ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hi a new problem!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashgok

Hi a new problem!

Post by ashgok » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:09 am

Hi,
I had pplied for the "letter of comparability" to UK NARIC and now when I received the letter they have sent me a document to further register for a Certificate of Comparability.

I had not sent them the copy of my degree certificate so they have further sent with additional comment on the letter of comparability that "final certificate not presented".

Now I am goofed up. Cant I use this letter of comparability or will it create some additional problems for me?

What are the elements that a "Certificate of Comparability" displays?

Thx,
Ash

ra_njan

Post by ra_njan » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:16 am

Do you really want a "letter of compatibility" if the degree and university/Institution is listed in the Self Assesment tool?

If it is not listed then definitely you need the NARIC letter and I think this letter which you got will not be accepted. Why take a chance while they mentioned that this is not the certificate of comparability.

ashgok

Post by ashgok » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:20 am

Hi,
Now where is the self -assessment tool yaar? Please help, I am going mad here, I just received this letter 15 mins back and I am writing. I have to spend extra 23 GBP just to get an extended certificate.

Ash
ra_njan wrote:Do you really want a "letter of compatibility" if the degree and university/Institution is listed in the Self Assesment tool?

If it is not listed then definitely you need the NARIC letter and I think this letter which you got will not be accepted. Why take a chance while they mentioned that this is not the certificate of comparability.

ashgok

Post by ashgok » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:34 am

Is the self assessment tool the same one you are talking about which is on here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator
I have done that already.

I will tell you what exactly came on the letter:

Country of Qualification : India
Awarding Institute : University of Mumbai (Lokmanya Tilak College of Engineering)
Year of Completion : 2004
Assessment : Is considered comparable to British Bachelor (Honours) Degree standard.
Additional Information : Final certificate not presented. the individual should present a copy of final certificate as official confirmation of qualification.

Please shoot your feedback on this. Will this create a problem?

Thanks,
Ash
ra_njan wrote:Do you really want a "letter of compatibility" if the degree and university/Institution is listed in the Self Assesment tool?

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:12 am

ashgok wrote:Is the self assessment tool the same one you are talking about which is on here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

Awarding Institute : University of Mumbai (Lokmanya Tilak College of Engineering)
Assessment : Is considered comparable to British Bachelor (Honours) Degree standard.
Additional Information : Final certificate not presented. the individual should present a copy of final certificate as official confirmation of qualification.

Thanks,
Ash

if you are in doubt why dont you just get the letter again by sending the original degree this time. it would be better to spend odd £20 rather than wasting £750.

junior

Post by junior » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:14 am

This is what NARIC website says when you apply for your degree assessment:

To use the online application, you should follow these steps:

Complete the online application form
Print your completed application form
Send by post to the UK NARIC a copy of your application form together with photocopies of your final qualification certificates, course transcripts and, where necessary, an official translation into English.

How to apply
We require the following in order to process your enquiry:

a photocopy of your certificate(s) together with final transcript(s)
a covering letter with your contact details and stating the purpose of your enquiry
a photocopy of a certified translation in English if necessary
a self-addressed envelope with correct postage paid if the letter is for a UK address. (If the postal address is outside the UK you do not need to provide postage.)

It clearly states that you are supposed to send both the sets of your qualification i.e degree and marksheet. This additional comment is usually not present on Letter of comparibility when you send both the documents.

For Tier1 apps you don't need certificate of comparibility, a letter of comparability will do.

letter of comparability sample

ashgok wrote:Is the self assessment tool the same one you are talking about which is on here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

Thanks,
Ash

coolguyIndia

Post by coolguyIndia » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:25 am

If you refer to Self Assessment Tool on UKBA site carefully, BE from Mumbai University is accepted by UKBA without going to NARIC....

I have done BE from Mumbai University in 1997 and it is recongnised by UKBA....

Thanks,
Ash

Thanks & Best Regards

ashgok

Post by ashgok » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:34 am

I would like to tell you that, the reason I applied for NARIC was because my convocation certificate is not in place since I had applied late for it. It will take sometime to receive from Mumbai Univ. Thats the reason i wanted this certificate handy. i have provisional certificate which cannot be used as a proof. I have academic transcript and marksheets for further proof. But I just wanted that to cover up for the convocation.

I dont know whether attaching the " letter of comp " to my other docs would create a problem.

Do you think just the self assessment tool results and the acad transcript + marksheet would help me out?

Ash

coolguyIndia wrote:If you refer to Self Assessment Tool on UKBA site carefully, BE from Mumbai University is accepted by UKBA without going to NARIC....

I have done BE from Mumbai University in 1997 and it is recongnised by UKBA....

Thanks,
Ash

ashgok

Post by ashgok » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:38 am

Hi,
I paid GBP 39.95 for the letter of comparability. Extended GBP 23 to get certificate of Comp, god knows what they r upto, good way of minting money and after that they will ask more for letter to confirm NARIC is authorized by HBC. What yaar!

Ashwini
nevadawipes wrote:

Thanks,
Ash

if you are in doubt why dont you just get the letter again by sending the original degree this time. it would be better to spend odd £20 rather than wasting £750.

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:42 am

No you must have Degree certificate for your application approval!! So get it first then apply..

ashgok

Post by ashgok » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:01 pm

I had called up UK NARIC and the suggestion given by "nevadawipes" was correct, thankfull no extra charges and it will be processed in the same cost and also she said that it wont create a problem for me if I have to submit as qualification document.

Thank you guys for all your help.

Best regards,
Ashwini

Kaff wrote:No you must have Degree certificate for your application approval!! So get it first then apply..