ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Earnings Query - Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bangloredude
Newly Registered

Previous Earnings Query - Tier 1

Post by Bangloredude » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:28 pm

Heloo all,

Reason for posting:: I did go thru most of the queries on this fourm, but none of them relevant to my situation

I am working in UK since May 2007 on work permit (Valid till Dec 2008) and returning back to India in mid of august.

I am getting paid in Indian salary and allowance in UK. But the main thing here is Indian pay slip will not show any thing related to uk allowance. (It’s just the same payslip like what I used to get when I was working at offshore centre). I want to claim previous earning points based on just India pay slips.

So far so good, but my question here is since I am working in UK for the past 12 months, do they consider my earnings with uplift? Because from the Tier 1 guidelines as below:: I am scared of not being uplift my pay. (if that is the case, I can never go for tier 1)

103. The country in which the applicant has been working, rather than their nationality, determines the income bands against which the earnings will be assessed.

Please suggest. I am planning to apply in September.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:32 pm

103. The country in which the applicant has been working, rather than their nationality, determines the income bands against which the earnings will be assessed.
You cannot uplift Indian income, because you were working in UK.

ps992000
Newly Registered

Post by ps992000 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:53 pm

Uplift factor for Indian salary cannot be applied in this case.