ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 change of sponsor new start date guidance query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uke0987
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 change of sponsor new start date guidance query

Post by uke0987 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:43 am

Hi, I am trying to understand this point in the Tier 2-5 sponsor guidance document -

23.9 "...If such start date for a Tier 2 (General) migrant is subsequently changed after
leave has been granted, it must be within 28 days from the later of:
• the date on which their entry clearance or leave to remain is granted
• the start date on their CoS (taking into account any changes to start date
properly reported before leave is granted). "

My question is that suppose my joining date on the CoS at the time of assigning it was 20th June, but then due to various delays, etc. the new Sponsor had to change this (to a date in August). And they could only do so by adding a Sponsor note, so now, is the date in the Sponsor note considered as the new 'start date' of the CoS ?? This note was put in before the new leave was granted but after the application was submitted. (This was due to delay in receiving the previous sponsors BRP card, notice period calculations, etc. )

Secondly, my new leave was granted on 11th July, and I need to serve a 30 day notice period with the old employer. So, is it ok that I start work for the new sponsor after 30 days from the 11th of July ? The reason I ask is because there is a 28 day rule or something ?

Thirdly, does my current sponsor have to report my last date as 30 days after 11th July to the H.O. or do they report my last day as 11th July ? And can I serve my notice period ? considering my new sponsors visa has been approved ? (My BRP has not arrived but the leave is approved.)
By when should my old sponsor report that I have been granted leave with a new sponsor ?

Please let me know in case something is not clear and I will try to explain it better.

Thanks in advance

uke0987
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 change of sponsor new start date guidance query

Post by uke0987 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:24 am

Anyone ?

uke0987
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by uke0987 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:39 am

any help will be appreciated ? :|

uke0987
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by uke0987 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:30 pm

Hi, atleast regarding this part can someone help me please ?-

"...does my current sponsor have to report my last date as 30 days after 11th July to the H.O. or do they report my last day as 11th July ? And can I serve my notice period ? considering my new sponsors visa has been approved ? (My BRP has not arrived but the leave is approved.)

By when should my old sponsor report that I have been granted leave with a new sponsor ?"

Does current sponsor need to report anything and is that after or during the notice period ? And do I have to tell them about my new sponsor ?

Thanks