ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Who pays for Tier 2 Dependent visa?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rad28
Bahrain

Who pays for Tier 2 Dependent visa?

Post by Rad28 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:19 pm

Hi all,

I'm currently on a Tier 2 visa and my wife is on a Tier 2 dependent visa. We need to renew our visas by September this year. The employer has agreed to pay for my extension visa fees but not for my wife's dependent visa fees.

I was wondering from people's experiences - is this common or does the employer usually also cover the fees for your dependent's visas?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Who pays for Tier 2 Dependent visa?

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:32 pm

is this common or does the employer usually also cover the fees for your dependent's visas?
Yes it is common. Your employer is only YOUR sponsor, not your dependents sponsor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rad28
Bahrain

Post by Rad28 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:37 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:32 pm
is this common or does the employer usually also cover the fees for your dependent's visas?
Yes it is common. Your employer is only YOUR sponsor, not your dependents sponsor.
Yes I'm aware of that, but I've heard that some employers also sponsor your dependants as part of your job offer soI was wondering if anyone's employer is paying for the dependant's visa fees?

sachinis100

Post by sachinis100 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:44 pm

mate answer is in your post only its between you and your employer agreement. If its there on your agreement ask your employer for your dependent if not apply yourself.