ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I have a query

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Abdulhadi2019
Newly Registered
Pakistan

I have a query

Post by Abdulhadi2019 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:15 pm

I have a query.

I just got my 50k extension. I have a newborn baby now. What visa shall be granted to him provided that my 10 year timeline shall be completed in Jan 2020 and my wife has moved to London an year back after grant of visa (partner) based on my Tier 1 Ent visa category. What would be my kid’s visa status if I apply for his visa with my ILR application in Jan 2020? Shall he be granted the ILR when my wife Is yet ineligible to apply for ILR?

As per my understanding, both parents need to be On ILR for the grant of ILR to kids.

Please clarify my situation as we need to travel soon.
Thanks very much.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: I have a query

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:45 am

A UK born baby does not need a visa to stay unless you want to travel outside the UK. When you get ILR, a UK born baby is eligible to be registered for British citizenship directly
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kashif7866
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by kashif7866 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:14 am

Hello !

I am also in a same situation, my 10 years complete in Jan 2020, I am expecting a baby next month but the baby will be born in India.

Once I got my ILR would i be able to register ILR for my baby in 2020 ?

Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:24 am

kashif7866 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:14 am
Hello !

I am also in a same situation, my 10 years complete in Jan 2020, I am expecting a baby next month but the baby will be born in India.

Once I got my ILR would i be able to register ILR for my baby in 2020 ?

Thanks
No , you wouldn't. Only British born children can register for BC directly. Your child will need to apply for ILR when both of you get your ILR and then apply for citizenship a year later with you.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:28 am

Zimba wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:45 am
A UK born baby does not need a visa to stay unless you want to travel outside the UK. When you get ILR, a UK born baby is eligible to be registered for British citizenship directly
Just one caveat to this.

Under the NHS rules, your baby is only eligible for 3 months of free NHS. Beyond that, if the baby does not have a visa (i.e. has not paid the IHS charge), then they can charge you for any and every use of NHS. I haven't heard of anyone being actually charged, but they can under the rules.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.