ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP applied and approved from USA. Currently in India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Beginner@USA
Newly Registered

HSMP applied and approved from USA. Currently in India

Post by Beginner@USA » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:05 am

Hi All,

I applied for HSMP from US in March 2008 and got it approved but unfortunately I had to come back to India before I could apply for Visa (Entry clearance). Can anyone advise me if I can apply for Visa from India or I need to send documents to US only. if so, How to get the biometrics done?

-Thanks,
Srikanth

usagirlie
Newly Registered

:(

Post by usagirlie » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:03 am

Unfortunately the UK has changed their HSMP laws as of 29 June. They have merged the two steps (initial application and entry clearance) into one step, the Tier 1 visa (formerly hsmp).

Because you have completed the first step and not the second, you will actually have to RESUBMIT your approval letter with the new Tier 1 application.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/

Since you have an approval letter the process is relatively simple, submit your letter, proof of maintenance funds (2800 pounds in an account for 3 months) and your passport. Times have varied on when the applications are being approved but most are saying at least 6 weeks.

Since your letter is only valid for 6 months you should probably do it ASAP.

Good luck!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:02 pm

Read Transitional arrangements for HSMP

Assuming you have "returned" to India, and not here (in India) on a short visit / holiday / leave, you should be able to apply for EC from India itself.

Checking with BHC India will end any confusion.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Beginner@USA
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by Beginner@USA » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:01 pm

Thanks for your replies!!! I have returned to India for good. I was on Deputation in USA from past three years and applied for HSMP in March 2008. I received the approval letter only after coming to India. And there is no chance of me returning to US in next one year. So, my confusion was whether I can proceed with visa from India or Do I need to make a fresh application from India. But from your replies, it looks like I can apply for visa from India though I have HSMP approval from US. My last question is - for maintenance funds, can I still show my savings in dollars or I need to show them in rupees? I have all my savings in US and I did not touch them till now just for this.

prachi
Newly Registered

Re: HSMP applied and approved from USA. Currently in India

Post by prachi » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:46 pm

Beginner@USA wrote:Hi All,

I applied for HSMP from US in March 2008 and got it approved but unfortunately I had to come back to India before I could apply for Visa (Entry clearance). Can anyone advise me if I can apply for Visa from India or I need to send documents to US only. if so, How to get the biometrics done?

-Thanks,
Srikanth
Hey I am alos planning to apply from USA

please help me in arrabnging docs as I have following docs
. Original Tax returns (Form W2 ).
2. Printout of payslip (I get electronic payslips). My employer had signed the payslips but they didnt stamp them because they dont have a stamp.
3. Original letter from employer on letterhead stating my salary and period of employment. (employed with them over 1 year)
4. Original bank statements - for entire 12 months

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Thanks

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:59 pm

Beginner@USA wrote:my confusion was whether I can proceed with visa from India or Do I need to make a fresh application from India. But from your replies, it looks like I can apply for visa from India though I have HSMP approval from US. My last question is - for maintenance funds, can I still show my savings in dollars or I need to show them in rupees? I have all my savings in US and I did not touch them till now just for this.
Without any doubt, you do not need to make fresh Tier 1 application. All you need to do is make an EC application based on your HSMP approval.

Currency of the deposit has no bearing on maintenance funds. What is of primary concern is that the money should be immediately accessible and readily transferable to UK when you need it.

Search the forum for loads of information on maintenance funds and India specific proecedural nuances.

regards

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: HSMP applied and approved from USA. Currently in India

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:00 pm

prachi wrote:please help me in arrabnging docs as I have following docs
. Original Tax returns (Form W2 ).
2. Printout of payslip (I get electronic payslips). My employer had signed the payslips but they didnt stamp them because they dont have a stamp.
3. Original letter from employer on letterhead stating my salary and period of employment. (employed with them over 1 year)
4. Original bank statements - for entire 12 months
1. Tax documents have limited use. Read the Tier 1 guidance / search the forum for detailed reasons.
2. Online payslips cannot be used without signature and stamp (both) - again mentioned in guidance.
3. The letter from employer must show "earned income" in the 12 months you are claiming points for, rather than your annual salary (e.g.- in employment contract, letter of appointment).
4. No problem on this one.

regards