ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DO I NEED A VISIT VISA ?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Samyr

DO I NEED A VISIT VISA ?

Post by Samyr » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:32 pm

Hello all,

First i would like to thank you for all what you are doing and i do appreciate for that.
I have been granted a UK Res card. Hold a UK Certificate of Travel Document. Legally married in the UK to a Polish national.

Do i need a short visit visa to Poland? Please advice me on this matter. Thank you all.

copper
Newly Registered

Post by copper » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:38 pm

HI,

you need to apply for a shengen visa to go to poland.You are married to a polish so it is very easy to get a visa.I am married to a polish girl as well,last week i applied for a shengen visa and it was granted for 180 days in a week.
what you need to prepare is a merriage cerficate,health insurance, 2 photos,yours wife ID,fill in an application form.maybe you might be asked to bring a bank statement with you.thats all.

good luck

Samyr

Post by Samyr » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:32 pm

Hello Copper,

Thank you for your concern. My Res card is on the ISD Immigration Status Document, will it be a problem?

I am registered with NHS is it ok?

How much does it cost and is it ok to send it by post (special delivery)?

At the moment am not working but my wife has bank statements.

Thank you for your help.

stmellon

Post by stmellon » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:30 pm

If you are using the NHS as your health insurance, you would need to obtain a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) - search on Google to find out about it.

Bear in mind that it might not be enough - e.g. you would be covered for certain treatment abroad, but not for repatriation (being brought back to the UK) in an emergency situation

Samyr

Post by Samyr » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:13 am

Hello Stmellon,

Thank you. Yes i do have EHIC.