ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa, finances and ILR.

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fuscia

Spouse visa, finances and ILR.

Post by Fuscia » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:28 pm

My husband is on a two year spouse visa (I am British we have been married since July 2007, he switched to a spouse visa in October 2007). Before this he was here for four years on a student visa. I am totally financially dependent on him. He pays all the bills. I do not work. He works.

Often his bank account is overdrawn.. He earns around 11000 pounds a year. Also we have a child on the way any day now. After his two years are up on his spouse visa and when it comes to applying for his ILR could these factors have a negative affect on his application? Could it be refused because of finances. I do not claim any public funds at all and we manage ok however as stated my husbands account is often overdrawn. I am entitled to Child benefit, when my child arrives but apparantley that is not a public fund.

Thanks for the help.

Fuscia

Post by Fuscia » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:05 am

anyone? Would appreciate some input. Thanks.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:28 pm

Sorry I did not spot this previously. You have now given birth? Are you and the baby OK?

It is totally OK for you to be claiming Child Benefit, and also you and your husband jointly to be claiming Tax Credits. Those claims will have no adverse impact upon vis applications to be made by your husband, or an application for Naturalisation in due course.
John