ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mks2020
Newly Registered
India

English Language Requirement

Post by mks2020 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:58 pm

Apologies, this question may have been asked already and having read through few topics on this issue I am still confused.

I am applying for ILR (Set O) under 5 year route as PBS Dependent. I joined my husband who was on Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa in Aug 2014 and now applying for ILR. My husband has got has got his ILR last year.

When I am completing my online application
a) Do you have a degree that was taught in English? Yes
b) Country your degree was taught in: India
c) Does your degree meet the English language requirement for this visa? No
I have stated no to the above question because my College where i have got my MBA is closed and I am not in a position to get a letter from them stating that my Degree has been taught in English.

By answering as above, it leads me to below questions
d) Have you passed an approved English language test? Yes (I have taken Trinity B1 Exam)
e) Did the test assess your speaking and listening skills at a level equivalent to CEFR B1 or higher? Yes
How did you get your result? Certificate

After completing the application, I am asked for below document as part pf document checklist
NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK AND confirm the level of English to which the degree was taught or researched.

Here my confusion lies, I have NARIC certificate for Statement of Comparability but do not English Language assessment certificate for this (as I could not get letter from college).

Would this be an issue if I just submit my
1) Trinity certificate for B1 level
2) NARIC certificate for "Statement of Compatibility"

Instead should I just answer no to question "a" in teh first place?
Kindly advise.

Many Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: English Language Requirement

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:23 am

You should ONLY select one option to qualify for English. You do NOT qualify with your Indian degree. Even though it was in English language for this visa purpose you will state the answer NO as its not recognised.

You will only say YES to trinity B1.

By saying yes to english degree you have confused the system and hence getting incorrect docs in the checklist.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Waiting limited
United Kingdom

Post by Waiting limited » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:49 am

B1 certificate should not be expired.

mks2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by mks2020 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:38 am

Thank you both for your quick reply.

I will now go with only Trinity B1 test.
I have received my B1 certificate last month (June 2019), it does not say any validity period on the certificate.

Thanks

mks2020
Newly Registered
India

PBS Dependent ILR Document List

Post by mks2020 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:34 pm

Hi,

Apologies, this question may have been asked before I have gone through the forum topics before but unable to get the right answer.

I am applying fr ILR under PBS Dependent. My husband received his ILR under Tier-1 Entrepreneur last year. I am finishing my 5 years in UK soon (entered 20 Aug 2014). I have submitted my online application for ILR -Set(O) on 3rd August.

The document checklist I have been asked is as below.

Mandatory documents
The passport: Ready

Other documents
1) Life in the UK Test pass notification: Ready
2) Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on my Husband for joint accounts or third party support
3) The language test certificate for me to prove the level of English language required:Ready (Trinity B1)
4) Evidence of immigration status in the UK: My current BRP Card
5) Declaration signed by Husband to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks
6) Current Biometric Residence Permit: Ready
7)All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or
remain in the UK: Ready

What documents do I need to submit for address proof?
For what period of stay they need to be shown for?

Does these address documents be on both my husband and my name (I only have latest council tax bill & electricity bill for this).
Also I will provide my bank statements for last 3 months. will that be sufficient?

Are there any other documents I need?

Thanks for your help

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: PBS Dependent ILR Document List

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:17 am

Do NOT start a new post and stick to this thread :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mks2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by mks2020 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:46 pm

Hi everyone,

Can you kindly help with my post below?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:51 pm

mks2020 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:46 pm
Hi everyone,

Can you kindly help with my post below?

Thanks
You need to show cohabitation docs for last 2 years from the date of ILR application. 6 documents evenly spread i.e. every 3-4 months from 3/4 different sources.
NHS bills
UK license
Bills (water, gas, electricity)
council tax
bank accounts
tv license
etc
Ideally joint names, but if not, you can just submit solo docs with same address on. A couple on joint names are fine also.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mks2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by mks2020 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:41 pm

Thank you very much for your reply.

Would bank electronic bank statements are acceptable? Because I bank with TSB and they do only electronic copies. Also, I can ask them to print last 2 years statements and ask to sign and stamp.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:43 pm

mks2020 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:41 pm
Thank you very much for your reply.

Would bank electronic bank statements are acceptable? Because I bank with TSB and they do only electronic copies. Also, I can ask them to print last 2 years statements and ask to sign and stamp.
With the new system, evidence can be originals or copies. Electronic statements are fine.

mks2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by mks2020 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:53 pm

Thank you very much

mks2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by mks2020 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:01 pm

Would the following be ok with the requirement?

1) My bank statements (6nos) in last two years spread Every 4 months
2) Husband's bank statements (6nos) in last two years spread Every 4 months
3) Two council tax statements (last year and this year) on both of our names.

Many thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:31 am

mks2020 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:01 pm
Would the following be ok with the requirement?

1) My bank statements (6nos) in last two years spread Every 4 months
2) Husband's bank statements (6nos) in last two years spread Every 4 months
3) Two council tax statements (last year and this year) on both of our names.

Many thanks
These are only two sources. I would add 2 more sources. For example: Tenancy/Mortgage Agreement, UK Driving license, Water/Electricity Bill, NHS letters on the same address etc.