ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help.. Afraid of being detained

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Eledumare
Nigeria

Please Help.. Afraid of being detained

Post by Eledumare » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:31 am

I have made a FLR FP application based on being a single mother to my son. as I made the application online, I have to go to London Croydon on Tuesday the 30th July to do my biometrics and submit my documents I'm just worried... is this standard procedure???. I am so scared my son and I will be detained I can't sleep. Please any advice will help.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Please Help.. Afraid of being detained

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:56 am

Standard procedure. If you are submitting your documents through Sopra Steria, they are not Home Office employees. The submission service is staffed by an outside agency .
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:00 pm

phewww that's fantastic to know..thanks for your response Casa. I can sleep better at night now. Thank you

Casa wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:56 am
Standard procedure. If you are submitting your documents through Sopra Seria, they are not Home Office employees. The submission service is staffed by an outside agency .

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:42 pm

Eledumare wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:31 am
. I am so scared my son and I will be detained.
Why your son will be detained. Isn't he British national? :shock:
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:15 pm

As I’m taking him with me to the appointment. My fear was if I get detained then they might detain him also. Just a worried mother here :oops:
seagul wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:42 pm
Eledumare wrote:
. I am so scared my son and I will be detained.
Why your son will be detained. Isn't he British national? :shock:

Happymummy
Mood:
Kenya

Post by Happymummy » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:47 pm

Hi,

Stay positive.I also had the same worry but was just that time I handed in my application.Was thinking that they will just come to my house wee hours of the morning and take me...So you not alone.Your son has his rights to private life and also as a child so dont stress yourself.

Eledumare wrote:
I have made a FLR FP application based on being a single mother to my son. as I made the application online, I have to go to London Croydon on Tuesday the 30th July to do my biometrics and submit my documents I'm just worried... is this standard procedure???. I am so scared my son and I will be detained I can't sleep. Please any advice will help.

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:43 pm

Thanks a lot babe for the reassurance. I’ll stay positive as I don’t have control over this. I’m sure one day this too will be a story for me to tell. :D

Happymummy wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:47 pm
Hi,

Stay positive.I also had the same worry but was just that time I handed in my application.Was thinking that they will just come to my house wee hours of the morning and take me...So you not alone.Your son has his rights to private life and also as a child so dont stress yourself.

Eledumare wrote: