ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Year confusion after Entrepreneur extension rejection and 2nd application approval

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

malik_pardeep1987
Newly Registered
India

10 Year confusion after Entrepreneur extension rejection and 2nd application approval

Post by malik_pardeep1987 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:43 pm

Hi All,

I'm on entrepreneur visa (5yrs completing in Oct 2019) however my 10 yrs in country will complete on 10th Aug 2019 (came to UK on 9th AUG 2009). I'm thinking of going for 10yrs route for ILR.

But my entrepreneur extension was refused (due to maintenance funds) in February 2017 then i went for Admin review (within 7 days of rejection) and that was also unsuccessful . Then i made 2nd application within 10 days of admin review result and my 2nd application was successful and i was granted 2yrs visa.

Now i'm confused if this rejection has broken my 10yrs continuity or its still there and i can make a 10yrs single window application.

Some people are suggesting that once the 2nd application was approved and as i have made all application within permitted 14 days , my 10yrs still counts.

Please advise about my 10yrs status and also weather i should take the 10yrs route for ILR or normal Entrepreneur route.

Thanks
BR,
Paddy

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: 10 Year confusion after Entrepreneur extension rejection and 2nd application approval

Post by marcnath » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:14 pm

malik_pardeep1987 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:43 pm
Hi All,

I'm on entrepreneur visa (5yrs completing in Oct 2019) however my 10 yrs in country will complete on 10th Aug 2019 (came to UK on 9th AUG 2009). I'm thinking of going for 10yrs route for ILR.

But my entrepreneur extension was refused (due to maintenance funds) in February 2017 then i went for Admin review (within 7 days of rejection) and that was also unsuccessful . Then i made 2nd application within 10 days of admin review result and my 2nd application was successful and i was granted 2yrs visa.

Now i'm confused if this rejection has broken my 10yrs continuity or its still there and i can make a 10yrs single window application.

Some people are suggesting that once the 2nd application was approved and as i have made all application within permitted 14 days , my 10yrs still counts.

Please advise about my 10yrs status and also weather i should take the 10yrs route for ILR or normal Entrepreneur route.

Thanks
BR,
Paddy
Your continuous period is not broken.

If you have dependants, then going the 10 year route will reset their ILR 5 year period.

Otherwise the 10 yr route is simpler
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

malik_pardeep1987
Newly Registered
India

Re: 10 Year confusion after Entrepreneur extension rejection and 2nd application approval

Post by malik_pardeep1987 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:56 am

Thanks Marcnath for your prompt reply .

My I ask some others if they share the same view.
Zimba ?
Vinny ?
CR001?

Please help confirm !

Great help as always

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:30 pm

As Marcnath pointed out your lawful stay is not broken
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

malik_pardeep1987
Newly Registered
India

Post by malik_pardeep1987 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:07 pm

Hi All,

Can you please help share a list of documents for 10yrs route . Need for my ILR application.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:07 am

All passports, LIUK pass certificate, proof of the English language
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

richard22911
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by richard22911 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:45 pm

Hi Zimba,

I a bit admire your courage, repeatedly saying it. Finally ppl will follow up "anymore???" or doubts.

May I suggest that gurus, can we subcategorise the term of ILR into roots like Tier 1 to ILR, Tier 2 to ILR, ILR(LR) and etc. It is consistent and avoids any confusion further.

malik_pardeep1987
Newly Registered
India

Post by malik_pardeep1987 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:39 pm

Hi All, Thanks for your reply !

I’m confused with the section on application where it asks if I’m employed or self employed.
As I’m on Tier-1 Entrepreneur visa and I have my on business since 2013 which I’m employed by. Should I chose employed in form or self employed ?

Also I just recently got married and my wife just got visa last week and she wants to travel to UK newer week. On application I’m required to provide address proof etc. At the moment we don’t have any document for same address. Also I’m not planning to apply her dependent visa with this application as I’m planning to take mine a priority service and hers postal. Please Help what should I do for this document.Theyre asking for marriage certificate etc.

Thanks
Br

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:36 am

I’m confused with the section on application where it asks if I’m employed or self employed.
As I’m on Tier-1 Entrepreneur visa and I have my on business since 2013 which I’m employed by. Should I chose employed in form or self employed ?
Self employed is NOT necessarily the same as working for yourself. That is a big misconception. If you never registered as self employed with HMRC then you are not one. If you are on your company's payroll, you are employed by your own company
Also I just recently got married and my wife just got visa last week and she wants to travel to UK newer week. On application I’m required to provide address proof etc. At the moment we don’t have any document for same address. Also I’m not planning to apply her dependent visa with this application as I’m planning to take mine a priority service and hers postal. Please Help what should I do for this document.Theyre asking for marriage certificate etc.
SET(LR) application has nothing to do with your spouse. Ignore the docs asked regarding your partner.
If you get long residence, she cannot then travel under PBS visa. :!:

malik_pardeep1987
Newly Registered
India

Post by malik_pardeep1987 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:17 am

Thanks for your great help Zimba.

One other confusion is about the employment history. Some people here mentioned we need to provide all work history (possibly for 10yrs). I couldn’t see this in form. Form only asks fir current employment and their details.

Please help clarify this ? And if required how to get the details of when started working etc.

Many thanks
BR,

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:15 pm

Just details of current employment is enough