ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Part Time Work

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Qanoon
Newly Registered
Pakistan

ILR and Part Time Work

Post by Qanoon » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:52 am

Dear all,

I have a question/situation.
I am British passport holder and the main applicant. My wife's ILR is due in less than 2 years time. I am soon starting part time work i.e, 24 hours a week. With a bit of over time I will be able to earn over the threshold of £18600. Now the question is would my part time work affect my wife's ILR application adversely?

Thanks you all.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR and Part Time Work

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:15 pm

Hello

They don't see how long you work but how much you earn.

If your part time is above the minimum required, it should be enough.

However, something needs clarification. Is the job itself above the minimum required or it reaches the minimum only if you consider overtime?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:47 pm

Qanoon wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:52 am
Dear all,

I am British passport holder and the main applicant. My wife's ILR is due in less than 2 years time. I am soon starting part time work i.e, 24 hours a week. With a bit of over time I will be able to earn over the threshold of £18600. Now the question is would my part time work affect my wife's ILR application adversely?

Thanks you all.
Either/both of you should be earning sufficiently (£18600) under category A/B to meet the financial requirement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:55 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:47 pm
Qanoon wrote:
Dear all,

Thanks you all.
Either/both of you should be earning sufficiently (£18600) under category A/B to meet the financial requirement.
To avoid any possibility of confusion, you don't both need to be earning £18,600 p.a. Either your own or your spouse's income will qualify. You can also combine earnings. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:04 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:55 pm
seagul wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:47 pm
Qanoon wrote:
Dear all,

Thanks you all.
To avoid any possibility of confusion, you don't both need to be earning £18,600 p.a. Either your own or your spouse's income will qualify. You can also combine earnings. :idea:
If someone is going to start part time job and if not earning sufficiently alone then obviously other partner can combine his/her income to cover that shortfall. Above answer is extremely easier to understand for most.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Qanoon
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Qanoon » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:43 pm

Thank you all for the replies.

Yes my part time work with a bit of overtime will cross the minimum of £18600.

Kind regards