ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Entry & Visa extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashokece
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

UK Entry & Visa extension

Post by ashokece » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:40 am

Dear Sir/Madam,

I been in the UK with Tier-2 Work visa since October 2018 and during the month of April 2019, I felt sick and went to NHS for treatment. Since NHS took a longer time for my medical assessment(NHS took X-Ray, CT Scan), I came to India during May 2019 and I had been diagnosed with Tuberculosis. Its been 2 months & 10 days I have been taking TB medicines. My health is improving now and Doctors have no objection on me to go back to work again and I want to go back to UK now.

Will there be a problem during my entry in the UK immigration? Also, I need to inform my medical condition to NHS again since they started the initial treatment. Will it affect my Visa Extension coming in November 2019? Will NHS support my further treatment in UK?

Thanks,
Ashok

epani
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: UK Entry & Visa extension

Post by epani » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:31 pm

Did NHS test and find that you had TB? or is it just you left to India to get it diagnosed and treated.

If you left on your own before NHS found it and if you are cleared off by a TB test certify that at this moment like TB test xray, mantoux etc. If you are TB clear in test outcome then yes , you can just travel back and continue your work. TB test is not required as a part of reentry. Its only you being safe and no active TB.

If your TB is not cured and still shows up. Better please wait till it gets cleared before reentering UK.
Ideally you must have not went back, rather stayed here and got it treated.

Informing NHS about it is your choice I hope. (Not Sure). NHS will support your further treatment but you must say them the fact.

It will not affect extension as it happens in country.

ashokece
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: UK Entry & Visa extension

Post by ashokece » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:53 pm

NHS took the X-ray, CT Scan but didn't confirm that I had TB and asked me to wait for another 2 weeks till the report comes. Since it got delayed, It was my own decision to go to India, diagnose whats causing the sickness and treat it quickly. it was then diagnosed in India that i have TB. I still have active TB and I have to undergo tablet intake for another 4 months(2 months completed). Now due to work pressure, I have to travel back to UK.

I do need doctor follow up in UK, so is it ok if I tell NHS the fact that I need further assistance in treatment after entering UK?

Thanks for your response that it won't affect my Visa extension.