ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa online application (apply from HO or Visa4uk?)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

syaj
Newly Registered
Japan

Spouse visa online application (apply from HO or Visa4uk?)

Post by syaj » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:43 pm

Hello everyone,

I am about to apply for a spouse visa for the first time. I've read on several blogs from the past that you apply online from the Visa4uk website (https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome).

However, following the instructions on the UK Government's Visa and Immigration webpage (https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse) leads me to apply from the link below:
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... appendixfm

Is the latter the latest correct way to make an online application?

I would be really grateful if anyone can answer my question. I've been so confused and am stuck on my application from start!

Thanks

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Spouse visa online application (apply from HO or Visa4uk?)

Post by Korekt » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:17 pm

The latter is the current way to go.

syaj
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by syaj » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:14 am

Thank you Korekt!

Now I have a few more questions about my application. Can anyone possibly help please?

#1) Travel history (UK):
I am asked, "Have you applied for leave to remain in the UK in the past 10 years?"
I've applied for working holiday visa ("Youth Mobility Scheme" visa) in the past. Does this mean I've applied for leave to remain in the UK?

#2) Travel history (other than the UK, European Economic Area, USA etc)
I am asked, "Have you visited any other countries in the past 10 years?"
There is a country that I've visited multiple times. Do I need to enter each single visit for this country? Or is it correct to enter only once (the latest visit) as the wording of the question suggests?

#3) Documents:
I am asked if I'm able to submit "One proof of British citizenship for XXX* (such as a passport or UK citizenship certificate).
Does this mean the original hard copy of passport etc?

* XXX = My husband/sponsor's name

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:29 am

syaj wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:14 am
Thank you Korekt!

Now I have a few more questions about my application. Can anyone possibly help please?

#1) Travel history (UK):
I am asked, "Have you applied for leave to remain in the UK in the past 10 years?"
I've applied for working holiday visa ("Youth Mobility Scheme" visa) in the past. Does this mean I've applied for leave to remain in the UK?

#2) Travel history (other than the UK, European Economic Area, USA etc)
There is a country that I've visited multiple times. Do I need to enter each single visit for this country? Or is it correct to enter only once (the latest visit) as the wording of the question suggests?

#3) Documents:
I am asked if I'm able to submit "One proof of British citizenship for XXX* (such as a passport or UK citizenship certificate).

* XXX = My husband/sponsor's name

Thank you all in advance for your help.
1 - Unsure about this one. I would put it in the form as it's a limited leave to remain.

2 - Unless they ask the dates "from - to", I would enter only the name of the country. If the same country visited multiple times, I would enter it just once. If they ask for dates of the visits, then you have to enter all visits during the last 10 years

3 - Just a good copy of the passport is enough. They can easily check a British passport from just its number when needed. So a copy is enough.

syaj
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by syaj » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:09 pm

Thank you Zerubbabel for your response. Noted about #3 (husband's passport).

Here are more details about my previous questions. I've highlighted them in yellow.

#1) Travel history (UK):

There is a definition, "What is leave to remain?" on the online application. They specify as, "Leave to remain is an application made whilst in the UK asking permission to stay in the UK." If I answer "Yes", I am further asked about the date of application and the result (approved / refused).
I've applied for the YMS visa whilst in my country of citizenship, so I reckon it doesn't apply to leave to remain, but I'd like to double check.

#2) Travel history (other than the UK, European Economic Area, USA etc):

If I select "Yes" for this question, I am further asked about a) the country, b) the reason of visit, c) date of visit (month & year), and d) length of visit (eg. "2 days" / "3 weeks" / "1 month").
The wording of the question ("~ any other countries ~?") first made me think I should only enter once per country. However, reading your advice I'll add all visits.

#3) Documents: