ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FAMILY PERMIT / UK/ EEA NATIONAL

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Irfan1648
Pakistan

EEA FAMILY PERMIT / UK/ EEA NATIONAL

Post by Irfan1648 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:20 pm

Hi , we have recently applied Naturlisation, I am non Eu family member of Eu citizen , my wife and my son are EU citizens
Now situation is me (Non eea citizen ) and my son( EEA citizen) have become British citizens
My wife will be attended her ceremony in September so she will become British citizen in September

I want to apply for my mother , father and brother EEA Family permit , they rely on me financially, now I have become Uk citizen
Can I rely on my wife EU citizenship as I’m her family member and just obtained British citizenship I had permanent residence card before this ?
Who will be the sponsor if we sponsor them my wife who is Eu citizen yet or myself

Do I still have FAmily member of EU citizen rights and if my wife become British citizen next month will she still have EEA citizens rights ?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: EEA FAMILY PERMIT / UK/ EEA NATIONAL

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:54 am

Hello

As non-EEA + British citizenship holder living in the UK, you cannot invoke the EC Directive. You are fully under UK immigration laws in these matters.

Depending on his history, an UE citizen + British citizenship holder can in certain cases (Lounes).

However, regardless of the situation, it's difficult if not impossible to use immigration routes for dependent adult relatives living abroad. The fact that you send them money from time to time to help them (which most of us do) is usually not enough for the Home Office to grant them residence cards for the UK under any routes. Usually this work for child or young people and where the dependency is strong, has a solid history and is associated with compelling factors. For a healthy adult living abroad it's very hard to deploy.