ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

frafranca
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

eea family permit

Post by frafranca » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:23 pm

Hello everyone,
thank you in advance for your help.
I'm italian and my partner australian. We are planning to get married in January and move to UK after that.
At the moment we are living in Norway. our idea was to get married in Italy and from there apply for the eea family permit and move together to UK. But I was reading that even if applying from outside we can't apply from Italy. but we have to do it from Norway because we are settle there at the moment. Is this true?

Also I was reading on the forum that instead of applying for the family permit we can go to uk ( my partner on holiday ) and apply straight away for the residence card ! is this an option?

thank you !!!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: eea family permit

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:10 pm

Hello

As you live in Norway, you can't t apply for permit in Italy even if you are Italian.

Now, imagine you apply for EEA permit in Noway (or even apply in Italy) that permit would be EEA but tied to the country where it was delivered.

A non-EEA national with an EEA permit delivered in Norway can only live and work in Norway. The permit doesn't confer work / life rights in other EEA countries.

So if your target is to live in the UK, you have to apply in the UK.

frafranca
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Re: eea family permit

Post by frafranca » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:24 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:10 pm
Hello

As you live in Norway, you can't t apply for permit in Italy even if you are Italian.

Now, imagine you apply for EEA permit in Noway (or even apply in Italy) that permit would be EEA but tied to the country where it was delivered.

A non-EEA national with an EEA permit delivered in Norway can only live and work in Norway. The permit doesn't confer work / life rights in other EEA countries.

So if your target is to live in the UK, you have to apply in the UK.
I'm sorry I'm not quiet sure I understand. So if we are in Norway we can't get a permit for Uk?.
He is here on working holiday visa. Not Family permit. We want to get married and move to UK. How can I apply in the Uk? I have to be outside for it.

Also when you say "A non-EEA national with an EEA permit delivered in Norway can only live and work in Norway. The permit doesn't confer work / life rights in other EEA countries. " not really sure what that means. we will do the procedure for the family permit for uk!thanks