ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set(LR) applying before 28 days qualification period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

birpjpt
Newly Registered
Nepal

Set(LR) applying before 28 days qualification period

Post by birpjpt » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:23 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me clear my confusion regarding qualifying date to make an application for ILR.

I understand that you are able to apply 28 days prior to the full 10 years of entering in the country, but does this 28 days apply on the day you submit your application online or on the day of your UKVCAS appointment?

In my case, I entered the country on 17-09-2009, so eligible for applying on 20-08-2019, however if I were to apply before 20th of August and arrange my appointment after 20th of August, would there be a risk of refusal?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kind Regards,
Biraj

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Set(LR) applying before 28 days qualification period

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:35 pm

birpjpt wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:23 pm
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me clear my confusion regarding qualifying date to make an application for ILR.

I understand that you are able to apply 28 days prior to the full 10 years of entering in the country, but does this 28 days apply on the day you submit your application online or on the day of your UKVCAS appointment?

In my case, I entered the country on 17-09-2009, so eligible for applying on 20-08-2019, however if I were to apply before 20th of August and arrange my appointment after 20th of August, would there be a risk of refusal?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kind Regards,
Biraj
The date of application is the date you pay and submit online. Date of biometrics is irrelevant. You should only pay and submit once you are in the 28 days qualifying period.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.