ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 2019 residence card - RTB letter required?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

klavery
Newly Registered
United States of America

EU1 2019 residence card - RTB letter required?

Post by klavery » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:42 pm

Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum, but I’ve been reading along until now and it’s been really helpful.

I’m wondering if anyone who has recently applied for the Irish residence card through marriage to EU (non Irish) spouse could provide some insight on my situation.

I’m a US citizen and my partner (Spanish, EU citizen living and working in Ireland for 1 year) and I will be getting married in Denmark this September. I’ll then move back to Ireland with him and start applying for the Irish residence card with the EU1 form.

We’re currently trying to find a house and we think we may have some leads. We are wondering if I absolutely NEED the property to be registered with RTB or if the rental contract along with utility bills in our name would suffice? We want to know if we should ask landlords if they could register while he’s looking for houses. Can’t really tell from the form if all the info is required.

I know everyone’s situation is different but it would be good to hear from someone who has done this process in the past year (2018-2019) to get the most up to date info on what’s required.

Thanks in advance :)

Myself_andI
Greece

Re: EU1 2019 residence card - RTB letter required?

Post by Myself_andI » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:15 am

klavery wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:42 pm
Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum, but I’ve been reading along until now and it’s been really helpful.

I’m wondering if anyone who has recently applied for the Irish residence card through marriage to EU (non Irish) spouse could provide some insight on my situation.

I’m a US citizen and my partner (Spanish, EU citizen living and working in Ireland for 1 year) and I will be getting married in Denmark this September. I’ll then move back to Ireland with him and start applying for the Irish residence card with the EU1 form.

We’re currently trying to find a house and we think we may have some leads. We are wondering if I absolutely NEED the property to be registered with RTB or if the rental contract along with utility bills in our name would suffice? We want to know if we should ask landlords if they could register while he’s looking for houses. Can’t really tell from the form if all the info is required.

I know everyone’s situation is different but it would be good to hear from someone who has done this process in the past year (2018-2019) to get the most up to date info on what’s required.

Thanks in advance :)
Hi,

I got married in Denmark too....lovely city hall!
Ok first of all, garda requested RTB letter in both our names so you need it.I am in Kildare area so I can only tell you about the garda here. When I sent the papers to I IS i’ve sent my RTB and my wife’s letter once I had it.In general, I followed the more papers I send the better.
To register you must live i the house and the landlord does the registration with RTB,you can’t. In my case,I’ve sent an email to the agency I was renting from,filled out a form with my wife’s details and I submitted it to the agency and then I requested them to notify RTB.

Hope I've helped.

yala93
Mood:
Ireland

Post by yala93 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:28 pm

As far as I know everyone is required to have it. They might request it from you at any stage so it is better to get your landlord/agency to do it asap.

klavery
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by klavery » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:02 am

Hi there, thanks for the responses, checking in again as I am gearing up for the move in a couple of weeks. In the end we found a room for rent in a house where the landlord/homeowner lives, so from my understanding we won't need to show that and will need to provide information utility bills in home-owner's name, proof of ownership, and a letter stating that we will be living there.

I did have a question about opening a bank account though. Since our names won't be on the utility bills for the house, do you think I could provide the letter from our landlord and our contract along with a mobile phone bill to show proof of address? I'm not sure what counts as proof of address in this case. Also, if there are any banks that you recommend let me know :)

Thanks in advance for your help!