ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change surname and Naric Red Route

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kentish

Change surname and Naric Red Route

Post by kentish » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:38 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have to re-applied Naric red route for English language assessment for my wife because I had applied in the wrong category previously anyways long story short, my wife has changed her surname after marriage and now I have to applied spouse visa with her after marriage surname.

I just need advice that when I apply Naric red rout English language assessment do I have to put her after marriage surname or before marriage surname on the application because her Master degree which I have to send generic for assessment has got her before marriage surname. Does surname matters to the home office?

Please reply if someone got any clue. Many many thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Change surname and Naric Red Route

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:07 pm

If you want to adopt the married now before visa application then her degree will need to be updated with new married name for NARIC. Also be known that adopting married name is not mandatory for visa purposes.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

kentish

Post by kentish » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:23 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:07 pm
If you want to adopt the married now before visa application then her degree will need to be updated with new married name for NARIC. Also be known that adopting married name is not mandatory for visa purposes.
Hi Seagul,

As I mention that I had applied naric degree assessment in the wrong category previously and I had put her after marriage surname and on her degree her surname was before marriage one and naric issue her English language assessment certificate with the new surname if I re-apply with same like that you think this will be fine? because naric can issue the certificate with any surname you write on the application form.

Many many thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:39 pm

kentish wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:23 pm
because naric can issue the certificate with any surname you write on the application form.

Many many thanks.
But they will also check the name on degree too and the same usually is attached along with naric issued statements for visa.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

kentish

Post by kentish » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:50 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:39 pm
kentish wrote:
because naric can issue the certificate with any surname you write on the application form.

Many many thanks.
But they will also check the name on degree too and the same usually is attached along with naric issued statements for visa.
hi Seagul,

In that case, if I leave her before marriage surname as it is on her degree and naric certificate and apply for her visa with a new surname which is on her passport and also on her new amended id card. So you think is this way to apply visa is okay?

Many many thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:15 am

kentish wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:50 pm
seagul wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:39 pm
kentish wrote:

Many many thanks.
hi Seagul,

In that case, if I leave her before marriage surname as it is on her degree and naric certificate and apply for her visa with a new surname which is on her passport and also on her new amended id card. So you think is this way to apply visa is okay?

Many many thanks.
Maybe it work as marriage certificate is proof of name change but preferably the degree must be updated with new name so that you get the NARIC statements in new name.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:12 am

As part of my 'day job', I interview students for a Post-Graduate degree course. Students frequently have their degree certificate in a previous family name and it's not possible to change the name it was issued with. The degree certificate and the NARIC will be accepted providing there is a change of name deed or a marriage certificate, showing both the previous name and the present one. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:18 pm

I had the same situation. When I was applying NARIC , In additional details I mentioned as surname added after marriage as per new passport, Hence NARIC certificate provided with surname, HO accepted as well.

kentish

Post by kentish » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:01 pm

Casa wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:12 am
As part of my 'day job', I interview students for a Post-Graduate degree course. Students frequently have their degree certificate in a previous family name and it's not possible to change the name it was issued with. The degree certificate and the NARIC will be accepted providing there is a change of name deed or a marriage certificate, showing both the previous name and the present one. :idea:
Hi Casa,

I am still confused. Should I apply naric certificate with the surname as mention on the degree which is before marriage or new surname after marriage one as mention on the passport?

Many many thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:51 am

I can't see an issue with submitting the original NARIC certificate with your former surname, as the HO will see from your marriage certificate that you are the same person. In any event, the degree certificate will also be in your former name and can't be changed. :idea:

Do ensure however, that you have the correct NARIC. This must be a NARIC ELA (Red route).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

kentish

Post by kentish » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:45 am

Casa wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:51 am
I can't see an issue with submitting the original NARIC certificate with your former surname, as the HO will see from your marriage certificate that you are the same person. In any event, the degree certificate will also be in your former name and can't be changed. :idea:

Do ensure however, that you have the correct NARIC. This must be a NARIC ELA (Red route).
Ok thanks.

kentish

Post by kentish » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:25 pm

kentish wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:45 am
Casa wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:51 am

Ok thanks.
hi Casa ,

I have received the Naric Red route certificate which is showing:

- UK qualification level: Bachelor ( ordinary ) degree

- English language level: CEFR level B1

Could you please tell me that these levels are fulfilling the English language requirement for a spouse visa or she still has to do A1 certificate ?

Many many thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:48 pm

B1 is higher than A1, therefore, can sufficiently meet the A1 even A2 requirement.

kentish

Post by kentish » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:51 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:48 pm
B1 is higher than A1, therefore, can sufficiently meet the A1 even A2 requirement.
hi seagul,

Could you please guide me that Which application form for spouse visa I have to download or fill online?

Many many thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:26 am

Choose Appendix FM partner here then choose your country which will take you to the correct application form.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... appendixfm

kentish

Post by kentish » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:28 pm

hi,

I am self-employed I manage my account myself. Could someone please tell me do I need an accountant for my tax documents to apply for a spouse visa?

Many Many thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:56 pm

(bb) If the business is not required to produce annual audited accounts, unaudited
accounts for the last full financial year and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation,
from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body (as defined
in the Companies Act 2006) or who is a member of the Institute of Financial
Accountants;

kentish

Post by kentish » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:25 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:56 pm
(bb) If the business is not required to produce annual audited accounts, unaudited
accounts for the last full financial year and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation,
from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body (as defined
in the Companies Act 2006) or who is a member of the Institute of Financial
Accountants;
Well as a self-employed HO needs my full-year tax return and full-year bank statement even I don't have any business registered so in that case still need to hire an accountant? and also £18600 requirement is before tax or after-tax?

Many Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:30 pm

For self employed, the £18,600 is after business expenses etc as explained in appendix 1.7.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kentish

Post by kentish » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:30 pm
For self employed, the £18,600 is after business expenses etc as explained in appendix 1.7.
I am still confused that I need an accountant or not ?

Many Many thanks.