ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation fee for Government employees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hypn0toz3d
Mood:
Pakistan

Naturalisation fee for Government employees

Post by Hypn0toz3d » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:23 pm

Hi,

Is there any exemptions for metropolitan police employees if they have ILR and want to apply for naturalisation? Is the fee different for public service employees or they have to pay the same amount?

Any help please

secret.simon

Re: Naturalisation fee for Government employees

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:41 pm

The naturalisation fees are the same for all applicants.

Some organisations (both private and public sector)-see this example from the University of Bath-do offer to either partially fund or offer interest-free loans for the naturalisation fees for their employees and their family members. But that is offered by the relevant organisations, not the Home Office. It is worth checking with your HR team to see if your organisation offers such benefits.

Some trade unions may also offer interest free or low interest loans for such purposes.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.