ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN and MN1 Referee questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aragon1

Form AN and MN1 Referee questions

Post by Aragon1 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:24 pm

Hello,

I'm planning to apply for my naturalisation on form AN and for registration for my child on form MN1. My spouse will apply later once she has 1 year on ILR. All three of us are on ILR.

I was wondering if someone can clarify on the below queries:

1. Any idea what sort of personal information are needed of the referees when filling the form (Name, DOB, address, passport number etc.)? Do we need to give any professional registration details? We know a nurse who offered to help but they are reluctant to share their RN registration number (if that's needed).

2. Can I use the same referee for me and my child?

3. If the above is not allowed, then is it okay to use a person as my referee and their spouse as referee for my child?

4. We were told by our GP, health visitor and preschool teacher that they are not able to offer reference for my child. We however, know a person who lead religious/prayer meeting (but not a formal minister of religion). Can they act as the 'professional referee' for my child?

Many thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Form AN and MN1 Referee questions

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:01 am

You can add your child to the form AN, no need for a separate MN1 application if you are applying together.
1. Any idea what sort of personal information are needed of the referees when filling the form (Name, DOB, address, passport number etc.)? Do we need to give any professional registration details? We know a nurse who offered to help but they are reluctant to share their RN registration number (if that's needed).
No need for them to share professional registration details. It is their personal details
2. Can I use the same referee for me and my child?
Yes
3. If the above is not allowed, then is it okay to use a person as my referee and their spouse as referee for my child?
Fine again
4. We were told by our GP, health visitor and preschool teacher that they are not able to offer reference for my child. We however, know a person who lead religious/prayer meeting (but not a formal minister of religion). Can they act as the 'professional referee' for my child?
No
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice