ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalization approval letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Daisy99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

naturalization approval letter

Post by Daisy99 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:11 pm

Hi,
I applied for naturalization 27th April.I received home office letter today.The title of the letter "Citizenship Invitation Application For British Citizenship By ....(my name,my birt date)
Letter starts "I am pleased to tell you that this application for British citizenship has been approved .To complete the process of becoming a British citizen ,you will need to attend a citizenship ceremony to receive your certificate"
a)This is citizenship invitation letter ,not approval letter ,isn't it?
b)Will I get another letter (approval letter)?
c)I phoned council house and booked my ceremony at the end of August.Will I take this letter with me for ceremony?
Thank you very much for replies.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Re: naturalization approval letter

Post by hamalt66 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:16 pm

Daisy99 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:11 pm
Hi,
I applied for naturalization 27th April.I received home office letter today.The title of the letter "Citizenship Invitation Application For British Citizenship By ....(my name,my birt date)
Letter starts "I am pleased to tell you that this application for British citizenship has been approved. To complete the process of becoming a British citizen ,you will need to attend a citizenship ceremony to receive your certificate"
a)This is citizenship invitation letter ,not approval letter ,isn't it?
b)Will I get another letter (approval letter)?
c)I phoned council house and booked my ceremony at the end of August.Will I take this letter with me for ceremony?
Thank you very much for replies.
It looks like both an approval and citizenship ceremony invitation letter!

katanayi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: naturalization approval letter

Post by katanayi » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:32 pm

I also got a letter from HO for my wife and son today.
Then called the council and booked. They said the letter needs to take the ceremony day without that you won't be allowed.