ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR letter from sponsor ,employment period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

underfire222

ILR letter from sponsor ,employment period

Post by underfire222 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:11 pm

Hello everyone,

I just have a quick inquiry and would really appreciate your input.

I am currently on a tier 2 visa general and will be eligible to apply for an ILR in end of March 2020. I first entered the UK on a Tier 2 visa on April 2015. Max 6 year limit for visa until April 2021.

My current visa expires in Feb 2020 and I am expecting to extend my job and visa for a further year , therefore ending on Feb 2021.

If I apply for an ILR in March 2020, I understand that I am required to get a letter that my sponsor still needs me for the job. Will it be an issue that my job contract is due to expire on Feb 2021??, ie 2 month prior to the max 6 year limit on my visa, or is it recommended that I have a job contract that is valid beyond my Max 6 year limit ie beyond April 2021.

Thanks and would really appreciate any successful experiences similar to my case for ILR.

Regards to all.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR letter from sponsor ,employment period

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:19 pm

Will it be an issue that my job contract is due to expire on Feb 2021??,
No. You are overthinking.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

underfire222

Re: ILR letter from sponsor ,employment period

Post by underfire222 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:16 am

Thanks for the reply