ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Inivite friend to UK for a one week Trip

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

santhiasp
Newly Registered
India

Inivite friend to UK for a one week Trip

Post by santhiasp » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:55 am

Hi, I think this is first time this question here. Please tag any other related posts to this and kindly help me with this.

I have a close friend who is in India, he is a daily wage worker having a family, his wife and kid

I would like to invite him ti visit UK for a week, he will not be having funds in his bank account to show. I can take care of all his expenses which include visa fee, flight tickets, accomudation, food and tour.

Is it possible for him to get UK visa, below are the documents he can show for a reason that he will go back to india.

- marrige certificate
- kid birth certificate and identification proof of his wife and kid
- a house property papers where he is staying and the property is on his mothers name who is no more.
- he can provide bank statements but will not be funded with huge amount.

Can someone help me with this as I really want him to visit Edinburgh.

Thanks in advance!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Inivite friend to UK for a one week Trip

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:24 pm

He has very weak evidence justifying his social ties with his country to convince the caseworker that he will return.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

santhiasp
Newly Registered
India

Post by santhiasp » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:57 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:24 pm
He has very weak evidence justifying his social ties with his country to convince the caseworker that he will return.
Thanks for response seagul, he has family and a job that pays him by cash. What else can we produce to get this done. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Santhi

modk79
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by modk79 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:13 pm

Other factors that may play a part may include if he has been to the UK before (or made any previous applications?). Also, have you successfully sponsored anyone before.

He doesnt seen to have any assets in home country (house in mothers name doesnt count as an asset). No real job/career and virtually no money, reliant on the sponsor to fund his stay.

santhiasp
Newly Registered
India

Post by santhiasp » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:07 am

Thanks for response modk!

I have not sponsered anyone before and this is his first visit to UK. No travel history is what i mean.

His mother is no more, so that house comes on his but registration work is not done.

We are from a small village where everyone works on daily wages to earn money for living, am afraid if common man like him cant get visa for one week visit.

I have sufficient funds to sponser, I will have around 3000 pounds.

Please help me.

modk79
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by modk79 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:25 am

The property being in his name would help, but I dont think that will be enough. Having a wife and child on its own isnt enough either

Being paid in cash is not itself a barrier, but he would need to show bank statements with the wage being deposited into the bank each month/week. If its just cash in hand and then spent then there's no record of any salary or employment.

santhiasp
Newly Registered
India

Post by santhiasp » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:30 am

Will it be ok if he gets a letter from the employer telling that he works with them and is getting paid some amount by cash?

Thanks,
Santhi

santhiasp
Newly Registered
India

Post by santhiasp » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:38 am

How this case can be justified that he is coming just to meet me.

He have family and work which he has to take care not sure on how to tell this to home office..a help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Santhi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:40 am

santhiasp wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:30 am
Will it be ok if he gets a letter from the employer telling that he works with them and is getting paid some amount by cash?

Thanks,
Santhi
Without proof of funds in bank account and payslips etc, unlikely such a letter would carry any weight. Anyone can just write a letter.

It has become increasingly difficult to get visitor visas and applicants have to submit substantial proof of ties to home country (family, work, income, property etc etc et), regardless of who is paying for his visit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

santhiasp
Newly Registered
India

Post by santhiasp » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:42 am

Thanks for response, can we deposit a fixed amount for this trip?

And, is it that a person who is not hoding job cannot visit UK? He have committment such as family, properties, kids education etc. He will definitely wont stay here for more than a week.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:09 pm

santhiasp wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:42 am
Thanks for response, can we deposit a fixed amount for this trip?

And, is it that a person who is not hoding job cannot visit UK? He have committment such as family, properties, kids education etc. He will definitely wont stay here for more than a week.
An unemployed person from a country requiring a visa usually don't get it. To be honest with you, even a US or a Canadian citizen has a still a risk from being refused entry and put in next flight if it appears that he doesn't work in his country. Even if these people don't require a visa due to reciprocal agreements with their countries, they are still regularly refused entry due to unemployment.

It's a universal clause really. Unemployment is considered statistically as high risk of overstay or immigration rules breach. Caseworkers don't take chances with that.

He can still go ahead and apply. But if get a refusal, this will complicate the mater for him even if he later finds a job. Because he will always have to answer "yes" to the question if his was refused a visa before.

santhiasp
Newly Registered
India

Post by santhiasp » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:12 pm

Thanks for response, will try to get some proofs for his employment. Thank you very much for addressing this.