ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for pre-settled status before divorce is finilised

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Valeriya001
Newly Registered
Russia

Apply for pre-settled status before divorce is finilised

Post by Valeriya001 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:48 pm

hi guys.
i am currently waiting for my decree nisi and initially was planning to apply for retention of the right. However i more and more hear about this pre-settled status which people who qualify can apply now. Does anyone know what happens if i recieve this status and then my divorce is finalised? will i still need to apply for ROR or i can live with this pre-settled status until i will get my 5 years (which is in one year) to apply for settled status?

Thank you

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Apply for pre-settled status before divorce is finilised

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:34 pm

Valeriya001 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:48 pm
hi guys.
i am currently waiting for my decree nisi and initially was planning to apply for retention of the right. However i more and more hear about this pre-settled status which people who qualify can apply now. Does anyone know what happens if i recieve this status and then my divorce is finalised? will i still need to apply for ROR or i can live with this pre-settled status until i will get my 5 years (which is in one year) to apply for settled status?

Thank you
Hello

How long did you stay married?

Valeriya001
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Valeriya001 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:15 am

Zerubbabel wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:34 pm
Valeriya001 wrote:
hi guys.

Thank you
Hello

It is going to be 4 years in October this year. In January next year it is going to be 5 years me being here but first year was on student visa. I do not know if i can just get the pre-settled status now, while we are divorcing, and then just do not apply for ROR and wait for a settle status. Thank you

Valeriya001
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Valeriya001 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:27 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:34 pm
Valeriya001 wrote:
hi guys.

Thank you
Hello

For almost 4 years. I just need to understand if by me applying for pre-settlement now, I won’t need to apply for ror after the divorce