ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 aplication queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sgp_tier1
Newly Registered

Tier 1 aplication queries

Post by sgp_tier1 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:35 am

Hi All,
Just have a few queries which I could not clear even after searching the forum and the guidance notes.

1) I have seen posts here specifically cautioning against any major credits in your three month bank account stmt for providing the maintainance proof requirement of S$2800 and in case being present, then asking to provide sufficient explanation about it.
I have a few credit transactions in my 3 month period which I am not very keen to provide explanations about (being the reason that it was loaned to me by my friend and all), but even without these transactions my daily min balance is above the requisite amount.
My question will be is there any preference of bank statements over a letter from the bank stating that my daily min balance was above the specified amout (in that way i dont have to explain the other credits which am not using anyway) as this is also one of the acceptable documents mentioned in the guidance.

2) Is there a need to provide accomodation proof as I didnt fnd this being mentioned anywhere in the guidance notes but has been discussed quite a few times here. In case it is good to have and I plan to go ahead with a hotel booking, can you advice how long do I need to book the hotel for and how much does it actually cost (just for booking). I believe there are a few hotel booking websites (http://us.venere.com/, http://WWW.BOOKING.COM). Does anybody know what is the minimum amt I need to fork out for the cheapest hotel booking.

Thanks for your time

Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:48 am

1. It's GBP 2800 (equivalent) and not S$2800.
2. Letter from the bank is as good as the statement (as long as the letter contains what is required, as per guidance).
3. This seems to be a country-specific EC requirement and is defintely not a Tier 1 requirement (for sure, 'coz the policy guidance doesn't mention anything about it). So, best to check with local BHC in the country you are applying from.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

maniarshad
Newly Registered

Post by maniarshad » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:06 am

hello
1-well sushmetha is write.also u ve 2 show min bal of £2800.dont wory abt da transactions.
2- there r no requirements for accommodation. but i think hotel booking or friends letter will not give lame excuse to visa officer to refuse the application .so 4 safe side give them a hotel booking....k
one more thing some hotel dont charge u untill the booking date arives.mean s,if u book 3 or 2 months ahead,the hotel will not charge u.they need ur credit card details though...hope u got the point...and when u arrive uk,just cancel ur booking..and ya ,if u have a fax no .just give it to the hotel and they will fax u ur confirmation...
regards.......

sgp_tier1
Newly Registered

Post by sgp_tier1 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:59 pm

Thanks Folks, appreciate your responses.