ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Number of days a Tier 2 General Dependent can stay in UK when main applicant is out of UK.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ameyasp323
Newly Registered
India

Number of days a Tier 2 General Dependent can stay in UK when main applicant is out of UK.

Post by ameyasp323 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:06 am

Hi All,

I have a general query as mentioned below;

Currently am on Tier 2 General Dependent(Spouse/Partner) visa which is valid till May-2021.

Due to some circumstances my wife (who is main applicant in Tier 2 General) is willing to go out of UK for tenure of 2-3 months.

But as I am currently working as a permanent employee here, will it be allowed to me to continue in absence of my wife in UK? Or there is any grace period mentioned for such situation? Or do I need to travel back with my wife?

Kindly share input on this situation, and it will be helpful if there is any link with this information (UKVA website link) to share with my HR.

Please let me know if any more information will be required.

Thanks,
Ameya

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Number of days a Tier 2 General Dependent can stay in UK when main applicant is out of UK.

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:42 am

What is her reason for a 2 to 3 month absence from the UK??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ameyasp323
Newly Registered
India

Re: Number of days a Tier 2 General Dependent can stay in UK when main applicant is out of UK.

Post by ameyasp323 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:09 am

Consider may be she is on maternity leave here in UK, and willing to go back to India for 2-3 months to stay with Family in initial days post delivery.

sachinis100

Post by sachinis100 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:00 am

If she is going on approved maternity leave getting paid by the company then that's fine.

Consider like project is finished etc situations then that create problems to you. So please state actual reason for leave so that members in the forum can answer you.

ameyasp323
Newly Registered
India

Post by ameyasp323 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:08 am

Extremely sorry, but here question is about me where I need to manage my applicable number of days in UK.

If my wife (main applicant of Tier 2 General) is moving out of UK, then as per rule for how many days me (Tier 2 General Dependent) will be allowed to stay here in UK?

Kindly share if there is any link with supporting information on this.

Thanks,
Ameya

sachinis100

Post by sachinis100 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:18 am

If she is moving out of UK if that's the case, sorry to say you have to leave with her straight. Because company will notify home office to close her visa.

As you dependent of your wife not company, it means indirectly your visa will be curtained at same time as your wife's.

ameyasp323
Newly Registered
India

Post by ameyasp323 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:42 pm

@Sachin,

As mentioned above my wife is not moving out of UK permanently, she will be moving for 2-3 months. So please tell me for how many days I (Tier 2 General Dependent) will be allowed to stay in UK as my wife (main applicant Tier 2 General) will be coming back to UK.

Thanks,
Ameya

epani
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by epani » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:24 pm

ameyasp323 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:42 pm
@Sachin,

As mentioned above my wife is not moving out of UK permanently, she will be moving for 2-3 months. So please tell me for how many days I (Tier 2 General Dependent) will be allowed to stay in UK as my wife (main applicant Tier 2 General) will be coming back to UK.

Thanks,
Ameya
My view.

There is no definite period or rule for this. It all depends on the actual reason for the 2 months break. If shes is on paid or unpaid vacation (I am kind of unclear here on how long you can stay in unpaid vacation in T2 general), but still with the same company and on same role as per cos and get payslip in UK for the months when shes on vacation and sure to return to work. Then you can stay here.

If she is quitting then you must travel back (if you do not want any issues with your subsequent UK visas) with her as the company might inform Home Office to cancel the visa.

I had tried this sort of vacation for a MONTH (Main applicant in home country) while dependent in UK. No issue.

ameyasp323
Newly Registered
India

Post by ameyasp323 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:58 pm

Hi All,

As per a reply from @CASA on the below mentioned forum, dependent can only stay for maximum 60 days in UK.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/leav ... 70315.html

Can some one confirm it and provide any supporting link with information published by gov.co.uk.

Thanks,
Ameya

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:07 pm

That topic is from 2011 and a different tier 2 visa category with slightly different rules!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.